Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

Is it even possible to get any customer service from Orbix?

The thread title pretty much says it all. I have just spent over an hour and a half just trying to get logged into the Orbix forums. I finally work through all the password and "hidden message' data entries that they require, and finally manage to get logged in. The system recognized my user ID and password, and even welcomes me using my user ID, but then fails to grant me access to any thing other than the general 'welcome' topic that really isn't very welcoming. It then says that I am forbidden from starting any topics or visiting any of the support forum areas, but that I would be welcome to enter those areas if I would just set up a user account. What in the world is wrong with the user account that I was currently logged in under???

This sucks! I have spent a lot of money on these guys over the years, and I can tell you all one thing. If THIS is what they consider "Product Support"....They will NEVER get another dime out of me.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

yes there is support. I am also a lucky banned user, but they have still supported me without a problem.

-Edit

Just seen that the support for limited users has been removed.

Well if i bought a product and not receiving support for it, I can basically do what I want with it because if I buy something without support and disrespect for the customer, then basically I can also disrespect their UELA.. very interesting very nice indeed... It do open doors.. but one thing for sure I will not buy another product as long as I dont get support and as long as I dont get support for already purchased products I can do what i want with already purchased products, cant I?

BUT...

before us get all worked upped. I have seen a day or two ago there is going to be some maintenance being done on the forum, so it also might be due to the maintenance that support fr limited users are being switched OFF. I hope so, otherwise we going to have a really field day from now on into the future..

Hi Kerry,

If you have logged in and verified your email address (which is standard fare for using any forum software!) then you should be fully logged in.

Unless you are behind a blocked IP address, or your email address is on a SPAM database, you should then have full access to the forums.

I would suggest clearing your browser cache, and reloading the login page at ORBX (F5 Key or similar) If you are familiar with flushing your DNS cache on your computer, then that may be helpful also. (Alternatively restarting your modem and computer may achieve a similar result)

If you have the ORBX General forum visible perhaps post a "forum use" query there, and Jay can look into your username and issues.

The forum is the same software as this one, with a few extra adornments ... my guess is a stale DNS entry, and the ORBX software has just had a major upgrade, and your browser is not directing to the new pages properly.

I just tried logging into Orbx forums and yes.

I cannot see any forums, nothing now (not even General forum), So Limited users now are the same as banned.????

No support no nothing. Just the same as if we where Orbx pirates.

I get this

You are not allowed to visit this community

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

flushed everything, restarted everything.. and knowing a little bit of computors, it has got nothing to do with needing to flush anythingbut for what it is worth I still did it and cleaned the cache and all the suggested items plus more..!

No access..

So yeah maybe we are now on a fully BANNED status.. classifying us then the same as Pirates...

Well Well Well.... very interesting change of events..

I also get the

You are not allowed to visit this community

....easy guys. Let's just find out what is going on before jumping to conclusions. As sickening as being treated as second class is, maybe this has to do with their maintenance schedule.

Kind regards,

Hi every one. I am aware of the entire "Banned" fiasco. It kills me because in the 'real world' I am part of the Product Support team for a large aerospace corporation, that is consistantly voted as #1 in product support by our industry peers. So I know a little tiny bit about product support, and what these guys do to their customers is far far far from true product support. Be that as it may, I have never posted any thing in their forums that should include me in their banned list. A year or two ago someone had a question about something related to a graphics setting if I recall, and I told them how to properly set that up, and I posted once when some one asked about the KORS scenery, and I gave the product a very good review for them. Other than that, I have never posted anything in their forums.

I do not have any "You are not allowed to visit this community" message. It simply allows me to log in, but then says that I am only a "guest" and that to go any further I need to log in. It is like a big fat snake eating itself.

This is just so frustrating......

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Kerry,

I think you are just stuck in the process. If you are not banned then you are in a loop. I would email them and wait for their help to get you in if I were you.

Kind regards,

Kerry, i had the exact same problem at one time. I simply emailed them and they got it all sorted out for me!

message has now been changed and I just get

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

They will NEVER get another dime out of me.

Yeah! you are not the first one who said that..... :Just Kidding:

I hope your logged in problem will be resolved soon...... :Peace:

Kerry,

I willl attempt to help you again, as I cannot see any acknowledgement that you have actually read my post above.

Firstly, I am a Moderator at ORBX. You are not on a banned list. Unfortunately, those who are have posted their (separate) issues here, which is clearly serving to confuse your query. This is the reason the messages are different.

The board shows you as: Last Active Yesterday, 11:06 PM which means you managed to log in.

The problem you are having seems to be with the forum software, not with "lack of support" as such.

The clue to is in my post above

.... the ORBX software has just had a major upgrade ....

Try this Link in the General forums (which you should be able to access) for more information

http://www.orbxsyste...um-maintenance/

What I would suggest:

Try my suggestions (my first post) above

If you are still having problems then send an email (as suggested above) to get Jay to sort your forum issues.

Cheers,

Ian

I have just had a look with my test account, all functions as intended

If you have a problem GAC email me at admin(at)orbxsystems.com with the exact error message and I will have a look at your individual issue

I willl attempt to help you

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian,

It's a shame you could not have taken the time to help/inform others of how they upset you and a warning before Banning(limited user) them, the people who I am talking about are people that posted a lot and contributed to your community and also where big Orbx fans.

Would it really have taken that much of your time to just say "hey that XXX was out of order, please do not do that again" I am sure these forums might not even be here if that had happen. I would have been more that happy to sort out a problem thought a PM with you or anyone else.

All that would have taken less time than you having to come here and read these forums.

Shame.

Kind Regards

David

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip