Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

Is it even possible to get any customer service from Orbix?

WOW, that is awesome AliB, I come here to give a hand and I get insulted. See ya

Well Alain I would have thought as a MOD in charge of "moderating" the forums you would think he would do just that "moderate" not just have a "OK" button or a " Banned " button?

What do you think Alain?

-----------

Jay is a good faIr MOD on lots of forums IMO

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well David, when is the last time you saw moderation in their forums?

There is no moderation anymore, if you have any criticism what so ever on their way of doing business or products and you don't want to be banned from their forums you better keep your mouth shut and sing Kumbaya around their camp fire or migrate here.

Ian is a first class man but he has to follow orders, I sure do miss his screenshots.

@ AliB, I call your comment on Jay Kae a cheap shot, Jay is a fair man, that I can assure you, I've always said that personal attack have no place here or in any other forums, I seriously think that you need to retract your comment on the man.

Well Alib, that little bit of insult has deleted your post and earned you a 7 day suspension from posting in AVSIM. If it happens again there will be much more at stake. Same goes for anyone else.

Jaykae does not deserve such cheap shots. We have our differences but there is no room for personal insult and ridicule of anyone, especially someone like him who is here just trying to help.

WOW, that is awesome AliB, I come here to give a hand and I get insulted. See ya

Sorry Jaykae that I did not catch it earlier.

Kind regards,

Wow, every one, I really was not intending to get every one riled up here. I was just a wee bit frustrated and had no way to post the request over there , so I popped in here. Ian, THANK YOU. I did not reply to your first post because I only had a few minutes (literally) before I had to be out the door again, so I had not given it a try yet. I will try this evening, and see what happens. I DO appreciate your input.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

In answer to the OP's question - yes, it's not only possible to get customer service from Orbx, in my experience it's the norm. These guys try hard. Sorry to hear you had some issues and I do understand the frustration when problems happen, but good grief man! Give them a chance.

I'll probably regret this, and risk being acussed of being an Orbx shill, but it's the end of what's been a rather lousy weekend, so caution goes to the wind tonight...

There's great potential value in having an independant forum such as this to discuss Orbx products and issues, I do recognize that not everyone's experiences have been positive and I value input on the issues relative to these experiences, but at times it does seem as though this forum teeters on the edge of becoming the "bash Orbx" forum, where every transgression (or perceived transgression) gets amplified and demonized. That makes this a far less valuable place to me.

In the interest of balance, and not to minimize other's experiences, I'll offer that my experience with Orbx products and support have been universally positive. Not perfect - nothing is - but very positive.

Thanks for listening,

Scott

Thank you Scott.

Ian, I tried you suggestions, and have the same result. I have also tried multiple browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Explorer) and have tried from a different computer on a different network, all to no avail. My log in is recognized, but I am being told that if I want to access any thing I will need to log in. Thanks in advance

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

but at times it does seem as though this forum teeters on the edge of becoming the "bash Orbx" forum, where every transgression (or perceived transgression) gets amplified and demonized. That makes this a far less valuable place to me.

Scott, my sentiments exactly. I sometimes feel the same coming here. Its great to have another forum to discuss all things orbx - but I think the constant negative vibe gets to me too sometimes. Due to this, though I am a rare poster - I prefer posting in the main avsim fsx forum or orbx forums. I hope this forum loses its 'banned' focus and becomes something broader - I don't think anyone is coming out good out of this. Locking threads after everyone has had a go isn't really the most positive place to be. Also to some of us it may seem arbitrary (even though its not true) - critical discussion about two other platforms are discouraged while its encouraged to have a go at one company here all the time on the smallest pretext on grounds of free speech. Orbx may have its moderating issues, but I still find it a far more positive and friendlier place to 'hang out' online. However, I want this forum to succeed too - so I hope we have more positivity in the future.

Thank you for that Stephen

@GAC are you getting error messages or anything ? Also I cannot seem to find you in my database what is the username that you registered ?

If I have to take a guess your account has not been properly verified so I will have to fix that manually and for me to be able to do that I would need your account username please.

It's a shame you could not have taken the time to help/inform others of how they upset you and a warning before Banning(limited user) them,

I have entered this thread to help a customer having genuine issues accessing our support forums.

Your purpose in this thread, apart from launching a thinly veiled attack on me, is not at all clear.

Let's be quite clear, David. I temporarily stopped you posting, to stop you continuing a series of rants and furthering your own troubles. Another member of the team reviewed your posting behaviour, and decided enough was enough.

Whether or not that was a valid decision can perhaps be gauged by the constructive tone of your contributions here.

@Kerry,

Unfortunately a reasonable question has become muddied by those with other agendas. Hopefully, you can make some sense of this thread and get your issue sorted. You also have witnessed first-hand the difficulty in keeping forum threads from being hijacked, and why moderation is necessary.

Like Jay, I shall bid you adios.

@ Ian,

Well Ian it was far from a thinly veiled attack, it was if not a good one an atempt to open some communication with you.

As for my post about side by side prices, yes I did get angry but after trying to get a reply from 2 nicely worded topics I did indeed get a bit upset at totally being ignored. The funny thing was I was only asking for a discount for big users and there all free now.

How anyone can look though my 1800 posts and not see what 99% of the time I spend informing, helping and being an active good member, is totally beyond me. Yes I speak my mind but why not, I'am not a "yes" man.

I know who pulled the plug on me now Ian and I will not go there, I was upset that you as the forum MOD could not PM me at the time and we could have sorted it. But if the unnamed person through his/her weight around than I will say openly that I would have been wrong at having pointed the finger at you.

So Ian far from attacking you I will openly apologise to you.

Ian I am 50 years old this year and like many now here there really was no need for any of this banning silliness.

Anyway I hope you read this with the good intent it was ment to be taken in.

So to be totally clear Ian I apologise to you.

Kind Regards

David

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well I have never had Jay seen being unreasonable. awesome mod on various sites. When I overstep'd I was being put on the right track firmly.

Thanks Jay for trying to sort my orbx access to limited user. Just a shame that not all have the insights of Jay, even when they have to follow orders, and sometimes I feel that "we follow orders" might have been used as an excuse just to get rid of a few people. I might be wrong, but I dont think so.

So thanks Jay. people like you make the world a better place.. even if it sometimes got you on the red carpet, we all know you doing the right thing within your bounds, but we also know that sometimes you stretch the bounderies to help others.

:Peace: :good:

Jay,

I have sent you an e-mail with screen shots showing exactly what I see when I try to access the forums. There are no error codes. My username (kerrygipe) is shown as logged in at the top, and at the bottom under the "Users online" heading. The only forum thread that is visible is titled "Welcome! You're our guest. Please register an account to view all forums"

Thank you!!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Ok, you should have full access now ... the problem was that you did not follow the instructions in the welcome PM that's all :)