Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Average Frame Rate Display

I have been trying to get the Average Frame Rate to display within FSX by making the necessary adjustment in the cfg file under locked frame rate etc.

However,it just does not show up on the screen within the game.All I am seeing is the latitude,longtitude,air speed etc on line 1 and the current frame rate on line 2.

I would appreciate any help advice as to where I may be going wrong-I would love to be able to crack this issue.

I thank you in anticipation.

Michael Broom

Add this to your fsx.cfg file and press 3x: SHIFT+Z

[TextInfo.3]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

FrameRate=2,1

AverageFramerate=3,1

FuelPercentage=2,4

GForce=2,3

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

Longitude=1,2

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

On line 3 you get: minimum - average - maximum framerate and variation in %.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I have entered the addition to the cfg as per your instructions,have gone into ther FSX game and I still only have the 2 lines of text-no 3rd line showing ave frame rate etc.

I have pressed the shift + Z three times etc but it still does not show.

More help would be welcome.

Michael Broom

As I don't like the default, where you have to press more times the shift+z, I modified it completely, to currently have in fsx.cfg:

[TextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

AverageFrameRate=2,3

FuelPercentage=2,4

No other "Textinfo"-s, so I have to press shift+z only once to display or hide the red text, and the one displays everything.

For anyone who likes to modify it.

Are you sure youre looking in the right spot? Took me a second to see it when I first did it. Push Shift+Z three times and look between the LAT and ALT displays its there in Brackets. 3 Numbers such as [18.0 30.0 28.9] V:2.4%

Word Not Allowed,

Many thanks for your reply.

As you are aware within the FSX cfg there are 3 separate 'text info' areas-text info 1,text info 2 and of course 'text info 3'.

Are you saying that you only need one of these which in your case is No1-did you delete the others?

I am sort of getting a bit confused now and would really appreciate some guidance on this matter.

Michael Broom

I am certainly looking in the right spot but those 3 sets of figures(in brackets) and the variation % is just not there.

I only see current frame rate.

This is a problem I would love to solve.

Michael Broom

Correct, I deleted all other textinfo parts, and left only .1, in which I consolidated all the info I need/like.

You can also sort it the way you like it, the numbers allow for that. Line / position.

Word Not Allowed,

Many thanks for your reply again.

Please forgive my ignorance but if FSX have 3 text info spaces why are there 3 when all we need is one.

I thought I would ask you before deleting the other 2.

Many thanks.

Michael Broom

Make sure you seperate the numbers with a comma (,) and not a dot (.). A dot makes it a "no show".

Three is used to add a line at a time

Dave

Are you sure it's the right file? Not fsx.dat. Cut and paste Word Not Allowed's to make sure of the spelling.

Dave

If there are multiple user accounts set up on your machine there could be an fsx.CFG associated with each user account, maybe you're not editing the correct fsx.CFG?

To make sure you're editing the correct one, while logged into whatever user account you use when flying the sim paste the following into the "Run" box:

notepad %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG

("Run" can be found in Programs > Accessories on Win 7 if you don't see it on the start menu)

Jim

Word Not Allowed,

Many thanks for your reply again.

Please forgive my ignorance but if FSX have 3 text info spaces why are there 3 when all we need is one.

I thought I would ask you before deleting the other 2.

Many thanks.

Read carefully my previous two posts and think about it for a little bit. You could also try it out.