Sign in to follow this  
Levkov

What are the minimum takeoff/landing distances for the 777?

I was just wondering where will I be able to fit the 777. I know the MD-11 had (well, it still does, but I can't get myself to fly it after the ngx came out) a really short takeoff and landing roll and I managed to fit it in places like Belfast, Bristol, and even Kos. How is the 777 compared to that? I know someone is going to say "use google" but I think the guys here are better experts.

I was just wondering where will I be able to fit the 777. I know the MD-11 had (well, it still does, but I can't get myself to fly it after the ngx came out) a really short takeoff and landing roll and I managed to fit it in places like Belfast, Bristol, and even Kos. How is the 777 compared to that? I know someone is going to say "use google" but I think the guys here are better experts.

MTW (max takeoff weight) run for the -200LR is about 9,000 feet. The MD-11 requires about 10,000 feet fully loaded to takeoff. Landing distance depends on different things. I wouldn't take those two to an airport that doesn't have a runway longer than 6,000'.

Look at it this way, BA flies their 747 (and I think their 777 if the 744 is not available) daily LHR-PHX-LHR. If I remember correctly Sky Harbor only has one runway (there's more than one) that is 10,000'. So if that runway is not available, they have to work with runways that are less than 10,000'.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I never approach max takeoff weights as I never do flights longer than 1200 nautical miles. But this is good news, if its max takeoff run is shorter than the md-11, then it should fit at all of those places. I never fly long routes and I don't quite enjoy very big airports, I never planned on getting a 777 or a md-11, but pmdg is pmdg, I just couldn't help it... :Hypnotized:

The 777 can Land on quite short Runways. Emirates fly the 777-300ER into BHX which is 8,527ft, sounds like a lot but is really tight. A friend flies for Emirates and sent me a video of one of his Landing's there and on final approach you get a Call out saying "Warning Short Runway, Short Runway!" then counts down the meters for you ha. So I'd say without hard braking, 8,000ft Minimum. Could go shorter with Full Reverse Thrust but these days most Landings are Idle Reverse as so many Airports now are getting noise sensitive and there's not much need for it in the 777.

The 777 can Land on quite short Runways. Emirates fly the 777-300ER into BHX which is 8,527ft, sounds like a lot but is really tight. A friend flies for Emirates and sent me a video of one of his Landing's there and on final approach you get a Call out saying "Warning Short Runway, Short Runway!" then counts down the meters for you ha. So I'd say without hard braking, 8,000ft Minimum. Could go shorter with Full Reverse Thrust but these days most Landings are Idle Reverse as so many Airports now are getting noise sensitive and there's not much need for it in the 777.

Is there any option to change that from meters to feet? If I was landing and running out of runway I wouldn't be so conservative with the reversers...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Is there any option to change that from meters to feet? If I was landing and running out of runway I wouldn't be so conservative with the reversers...

What the call outs? I don't believe so.

REALLY? does your freind have a youtuibe acount, with that video? :Hypnotized:

REALLY? does your freind have a youtuibe acount, with that video? :Hypnotized:

Yes and no, unfortunately Emirates has an extremely strict Media Policy. I.E no Videos allowed on any social networking sites. He uploads them in Private for me and a few of his other friends.