Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Making of a new FSX.cfg file

Hi All,

I removed several planes from the SimObjects folder including some FSX default planes that I no longer use and saved them to a separate folder. Now the load times to acquire a new plane is much faster.

After reading Srdan’s Software Guide I decided to start a new FSX.cfg file as suggested by his guide. I have run into a problem. After giving permissions during a new FSX.cfg, when I get to “free flight the plane lacks any texture, just an outline. That includes any of my payware planes as well. If I replace the new fsx.cfg with my old config. everything is ok. Is this problem caused by removing some of fsx default files form the SimObject folder or is it something else I am not aware of?

This has just not been a good week for me in FSX!

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, many planes refer to default planes textures etc.

To disable them instead of moving them out you should rename Panel.cfg to Panel.disabled. Then they are still there for AI or other addons to use.

Thanks I will give it a try. Learn something new everyday.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I learnt the same way, I did exactly what you did ;)

So many great pay ware planes out there.

Mind you there is a few good ones from default that I keep:

-The Trike

-The Maule

-The Goose

If you upgrade the Panels with the friendly panels Navpack (very good value) they are even better, and OzX did a HD texture pack for the Goose. Although I don't fly it much anymore because I bought the Catalina.

Unfortunately, that is not the cause. Loaded all fsx default planes back into the SimObects folder and same "ghost planes" show up. Noticed the new config file that was made didn't even have the graphics card listed, which is usually shown as;

[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]

Mode=1600x900x32

AntiAlias=1

Anisotropic=1

I added that line but sitll came up with "ghost planes". For the time being I went back to my most recent config file that is working even without the default planes in the SimObject folder.

Carl

Can you post a screenshot of such a ghost plane, Carl? Would help to determine what may be wrong. Strange thing that it happens by just starting with a fresh fsx.cfg. :huh:

Can you post a screenshot of such a ghost plane,

CoolP,

Picture is worth a thousand words. Yes,as soon as I can figure out how to post a screen shot I will. Got to go read the instructions first. Can't beleive I have been on the fourm for all those years and never tried to post a pic.

Carl

This is a copy of my new config, which gives me the ghost planes at start of "free flight". When I go to an airport there are textures; however, the plane has detached parts i.e propeller is in mid air, door is missing etc I have tried to get a screen shot; however I am unable to figure out how to put in my reply. The screen shot is reformated to jpeg 44kb but still learning how to paste in my message.

The only reference to shader in the config that is working is the same as shown in the new config below.

[GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=1

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

See_Self=1

Text_Scroll=1

[sOUND]

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

SOUND=1

SOUND_QUALITY=2

SOUND_LOD=0

UISound=1

AmbientUI=1

[Display]

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64

NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64

InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0

InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0

InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=20

WideViewAspect=False

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

ProcSpeed=7349

PerfBucket=7

Maximized=1

Location=439,119,1481,909,\\.\DISPLAY1

HideMenuNormal=0

HideMenuFullscreen=1

[PANELS]

IMAGE_QUALITY=1

QUICKTIPS=1

PANEL_OPACITY=100

PANEL_MASKING=1

PANEL_STRETCHING=1

UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

[Weather]

WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

MinGustTime=10

MaxGustTime=500

MinGustRampSpeed=1

MaxGustRampSpeed=200

MinVarTime=5

MaxVarTime=50

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

WeatherServerPort=80

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

DynamicWeather=2

DownloadWindsAloft=0

DisableTurbulence=0

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3

DETAILED_CLOUDS=1

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8

THERMAL_VISUALS=0

[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]

Mode=1024x768x32

[AccelerationPack]

ControlsFirstRun=0

HomePageFirstRun=0

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

KBDAIL=64

KBDELEV=64

KBDRUD=64

[TextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

GForce=1,3

FuelPercentage=1,4

[TextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

GForce=2,3

FuelPercentage=2,4

[slewTextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

[slewTextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

[Trusted]

C:\Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.iwhtorrkrocwiiiinanbezzazhqblclnwcqblbzi=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme 2.0\rexwxengine2.exe.iqtwwzoabwiehlzuoueoolhbioqzkhcahueiehnr=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.kztqhzwwnknnilentlzntauizztoeraiwrziikqa=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBVS\Scenery\Objectflow_KBVS.dll.iwzrrbenbtzoqqunozicbwlctkhbwkhznttthqqb=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_0S9\scenery\Objectflow_0S9.dll.iwzrrbenbtzoqqunozicbwlctkhbwkhznttthqqb=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEJ4\scenery\ObjectFlow_cej4.dll.iwzrrbenbtzoqqunozicbwlctkhbwkhznttthqqb=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_W52\scenery\ObjectFlow_W52.dll.wlcqihliktclwhboqozqlnhnltcwbellewozoteu=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_S43\Scenery\ObjectFlow_S43.dll.iwzrrbenbtzoqqunozicbwlctkhbwkhznttthqqb=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAKT.dll.iwzrrbenbtzoqqunozicbwlctkhbwkhznttthqqb=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_7S3\Scenery\ObjectFlow_7S3.dll.kqntwakouoakozwlnhblroiaqueinrerzlwlcbkk=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_74S\Scenery\ObjectFlow_74S.dll.iwzrrbenbtzoqqunozicbwlctkhbwkhznttthqqb=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\LVLD.dll.herkkqkoqutwunznbauhkeoobiacoqnkloczakct=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.qbaqwcoawbrtbawioizrloqaaiqewnzcceicelck=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll.ckzoquioqbwolkcucibhozzlutoqkouizqwlaqok=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\FSDX.dll.ntlkcqnqhewcetlhancquznwnhccetzhehccwurl=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\FeelThere\Legacy\LegacyXHUD.dll.zozwokhaewwqraaqtaarrqqhownonltwrqouttkk=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll.aqllilbteezawbaltzwrohtkukwihnuiqoqooell=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\707\cs.sound.dll.hiohlkakrhctwnurzoibnkncttihalqutoebhacl=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\520\cs.sound.dll.hiohlkakrhctwnurzoibnkncttihalqutoebhacl=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\757\cs.sound.dll.hiohlkakrhctwnurzoibnkncttihalqutoebhacl=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\MD80.dll.nnlnzioewwlkuhhwrqiknzrolcaoialtruuwcbtc=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\TCAS2v7.dll.orcwaobnilikbeqikohnhhtizokwbqicebtcriit=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll.ceteeozwkakuqwqoeurtikbbtenwarlwqtbzkakr=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll.ouqtukolnbwuuzkbwbzritqeqzaikawouwibiqql=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll.hnercqbhatbnrzoeanwlruocnuboohetztuilarq=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\737\cs.sound.dll.tuaqubihtwolitlqlrlhbhqahiwrilehuhbhkztk=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.beckounaclrzukoreanbihuwwlewolreerllbnni=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.tralhoawukubezilqukubbourkzrtlbhkkkehccc=2

C:\Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.unzoiwkqiabnucctzneouaiuuuubcloubcocunct=2

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000

MaxHeadAngle=5.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

[VirtualCopilot]

VirtualCopilotActive=1

[uSERINTERFACE]

ShowAllACPaintSchemes=0

SelectAircraftManufacturer=All

SelectAircraftPublisher=All

SelectAircraftType=All

PageID=1

OpenATCOnCreate=0

SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0

PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1

PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1

SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM

Map_Orientation=2

[ATC]

ShowATCText=1

COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF

COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6

COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B

COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00

COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840

AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1

UsePilotVoice=1

PilotVoice=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]

CycleSetting=0

[MULTIPLAYER]

condAccoutPassword=0

[sCENERY]

LENSFLARE=1

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=20

GADensity=20

FreewayDensity=20

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40

LeisureBoatsDensity=40

IFROnly=0

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=75

MESH_RESOLUTION=20

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=7

[AContain]

ShowLabels=1

ShowUserLabel=0

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabelTailNumber=0

ShowLabelDistance=1

ShowLabelAltitude=1

ShowLabelAirline=0

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0

ShowLabelFlightPlan=0

ShowLabelContainerId=0

ShowLabelAirspeed=0

ShowLabelHeading=0

LabelDelay=1000

LabelColor=FFFF0000

[iNTERNATIONAL]

ASLAT=2

ASLON=1

MEASURE=0

[REALISM]

PFactor=0.000000

Torque=0.000000

GyroEffect=0.000000

CrashTolerance=0.000000

General=0.000000

UnlimitedFuel=True

AllowEngineDamage=False

TrueAirspeed=False

AutoCoord=False

RealMixture=False

StressDamage=False

GEffect=False

ManualLights=False

GyroDrift=False

CrashWithDyn=False

CrashDetection=False

AutoTrim=False

[sIM]

SYSCLOCK=1

[sTARTUP]

DEMO=0

SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1

STARTUP_DEMO=

LoadWindow=1

[FACILITIES]

COUNTRY=

STATE=

CITY=

GTL_BUTTON=4096

[Misc]

Com_Rate=7

Carl

the plane has detached parts i.e propeller is in mid air, door is missing etc

Gear Up and Off points in the right direction, this sounds like shader stuff. Are you using any mods from e.g. Bojote? If so, you need to add

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

to the [GRAPHICS] section of the new fsx.cfg.

Independant from that, you can manually force a shader recompilation with doing the following.

Go to C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and delete the folders Shaders and Shaders10. This forces FSX to recompile them at the next start, so give him some time.

If you are unsure about the deleted folders, make a backup of both by e.g. copying them to your desktop. On next FSX startup, the shaders come in new, so to speak and your planes should look ok again. This will be visible on the preview screen (the rotating plane) at 'free flight'.

And if you still like to attach files, go to the extended view of the post and scroll down to the 'Attach Files' area. This should work fine. For screenshots, you can also use any image hoster service (most are free) and then post the link to the picture.

Also I'm not sure which entry denotes the directx choice, but have you selected directx10 by any chance?

Some addon planes don't support it, and they appear white.

Thanks guys for all your help. I do think Bojote made some changes to my configuration thru his website overall a year ago. Will let you know when I try your suggestions.

I have not used Dxt10.

Sent by Asus transformer

Carl

Gear Up and Off points in the right direction, this sounds like shader stuff. Are you using any mods from e.g. Bojote? If so, you need to add

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

to the [GRAPHICS] section of the new fsx.cfg.

You guys are geniuses, Gear Up and Off you tried to tell me at the begining but I didn't listen. CooIP I added what you mentioned and the creation of a new FSX.cfg worked with no more "ghosts" and all is well.

Taipan, thanks for you help as well. This was another learning excerise for me. Now to get on with doing some tweaking using Srdan's Software Guide.

Carl

I had the exact same issue today when I tried to delete the fsx.cfg file - aircraft showed as ghosts in the selection window with ghost prop and landing gear floating above the aircraft and graphics in the sim awful - solid blue for water, trees as blocks etc. Was going to post on the forum for help but found this thread. I have the shader mod installed. Thanks to all! I wanted to delete my fsx.cfg file as for some reason I had 2 instances of my my new GTX 680 and one of my now removed GTX 480 listed under the [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX x80.0] line in the file.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor