Sign in to follow this  
N1G

municipal / uncontrolled airports

Does XPX at the smaller airports have buildings i.e. Orcas (KORS)

Bob

Bob,

How are you? I only have the free demo version but I was able to go to KORS. So the short answer is yes. I suggest you download the demo and give it a test run.

I am an FSX man but I have to admit I am getting sucked in to X-plane more and more...

Take Care hope this helped.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

No, they do not. The area in the demo is nearly entirely 3rd party generated. No default airports in XP10 have any buildings, towers or much to speak of. LR has left that to the WED (World Editor) to allow users to edit their favorite airports, then share the results to a compounded database that is maintained by Sandy Barbour. He checks that the information is proper and doesn't overwrite any other works in the database and then makes it available for all users to download via the updater, or so that's how it will work once they get things nailed down pat with the backend stuff like how WED will upload the changes.

You will add things at your unedited airport (not any custom buildings or textures, just the things that WED and XP10 come with to ensure ultimate compatibility) and save the results, then export it to the cloud. Until these edited works are made and available for download, no airports that have not been downloaded 3rd party will have building or possibly even accurate ATC.

No, they do not. The area in the demo is nearly entirely 3rd party generated. No default airports in XP10 have any buildings, towers or much to speak of. LR has left that to the WED (World Editor) to allow users to edit their favorite airports, then share the results to a compounded database that is maintained by Sandy Barbour. He checks that the information is proper and doesn't overwrite any other works in the database and then makes it available for all users to download via the updater, or so that's how it will work once they get things nailed down pat with the backend stuff like how WED will upload the changes.

You will add things at your unedited airport (not any custom buildings or textures, just the things that WED and XP10 come with to ensure ultimate compatibility) and save the results, then export it to the cloud. Until these edited works are made and available for download, no airports that have not been downloaded 3rd party will have building or possibly even accurate ATC.

Ok thanks for that. So what version when compared to previous releases will these addons become available i.e. 10.2 10.3 ?

Thanks

Bob

Ok thanks for that. So what version when compared to previous releases will these addons become available i.e. 10.2 10.3 ?

It is very much unknown at this point. Laminar Research has not shared any substantive timelines regarding the improvements in store for XP10. The fact that other XP10 users will need to create and then share the airports for distribution only adds more questions, considering the process for which this sharing will take place seems to only be in its initial planning stages AND once that's complete, you'll still need users to actually create the airport layouts.

-Greg

Greg is exactly on point. It will be in XP when it is in XP. Right now it isn't. That is all that is known. I know that when I get the time (which may be sometime before next year for all I know), I would like to do the airports at which I have flown exhaustively, KDSV and KDED. That means that once I have updated these airports and uploaded the data to Robin and the cloud, then another user updates their copy of XP, they will now be able to enjoy my work. The only downside is until I have done my share, if nobody else ever bothers to do these airports, they will remain barren until the end of days.

Think of how many KLAX and KSFO and KMIA and KJFK and LGLL and other famous airport variants we have available to us. Now try to find ONE that does KDSV or KDED well. There is a package that included the upstate New York area which made some changes to KDSV and a package that focused on KDAB and updated some airports like KOMN/KDED/KSFB/KGNV and a few others I can't think of, but NOBODY has done just these airports by themselves. I can see that you will have to pick and choose your departures/destinations based on 3rd party contributions if that is a dealbreaker for you (and it bothers me, but I can try to focus on the tarmac and ignore the empty ramp off to the side). Major airports may be done by several different people, some better than others. Other airports will be left alone as it means nothing to them. Unless you decide to take action yourself and improve it with buildings, it may NEVER have anything other than some taxiways and runway.

Bob,

How are you? I only have the free demo version but I was able to go to KORS. So the short answer is yes. I suggest you download the demo and give it a test run.

I am an FSX man but I have to admit I am getting sucked in to X-plane more and more...

Take Care hope this helped.

Sorry Will I missed your post. Thanks for chiming in

Bob

If X-Plane get down to business and deliver a finished WED and the art assets promised, building airports couldn't be easier. I mean it, building airports using WED is silly easy , but we need a complete product with instructions first. I have spent about 12 hours to build Prattville Gouby airfield and even though it's not finished, it looks pretty decent. I hear 'ya, 12 hours? That's a lot of time! Consider this, out of the 12 hours, I spent 1 to find the orthoimagery, then about 9 trying to figure out how the SOFTWARE WORKS! Think about the amount of time it takes XPX to load, just so you can see the changes you just made....arghhhhhhhhhh! Unlike Vincent though, I'm using some assets out of the WED library, so my work will not be made available to all. You'll need to download it.

Now if I can figure out why the light posts are floating, I'm back in business... Big%20Grin.gif

I gave up trying to get the ortho scenery as it would never show in sim and I used alot of openscenery items,which I'm not too sure if its allowed.