Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Something missing in the PFD

I have noticed that in my PMDG 747-400 for FS9 I can't see the sky or ground in the PFD just black background. Neither can I see any needle for VS. Also the ND feels like something missing.

Thanks for help

Jan Friberg

Are the INS units aligned and the initial flight position entered into the CDU? Also, is the HSI diplaying ATT?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Here it is

Are the INS units aligned and the initial flight position entered into the CDU? Also, is the HSI diplaying ATT?

The first thing here is the solution. See another pic below. Strange thing I did a whole flight before without getting the display right. I'm not sure if I understand the latest question.

If you look at the first image, in the top left corner of the ND, it shows the IRSs are not yet aligned. After the IRSs are aligned, you then set your IRS Position in the POS INIT Page of the FMC and then the PFD and ND will display properly. If you can't wait the full 15 minutes it takes for the IRSs to align, you can choose a shorter alignment time in the PMDG Options Menu.

Dugald Walker

I know it is un-popular to say read the manual...so maybe watch some tutorials on youtube. Aligning the IRS is essential to almost all operations of the 747.