Sign in to follow this  
738Captain

Camera movement in VC

Has anyone successsfully disabled the FSX camera movement in the VC? For example, when making turns, the camera position move to the side. I bought EZDOK but the problem still exist.

I don't think so. You can set all the parameters to zero that you want, there will still be some slight amount of movement in the VC. The PMDG MD11 is the worst for it, I've noticed.

It would be great if there was a way to prevent the view from sliding to the side in turns.

You must edit your fsx.cfg file. There's a setting about head movement that you must zero. I'll have a look when I get back home and I'll let you know...

Right, and all of my values are set to zero but there is still some movement, with the worst being in the MD11. I seem to recall a thread where someone said the PMDG MD11 has some amount of dynamic movement coded in the model. Or maybe due to the nature of that advanced model, it causes the movement. Either way it's impossible to remove all head movement in FSX. You can eliminate most of the head movement but not all.

I don't mind the effects, I want to stop the camera from sliding across the VC during turns and if that is not possible, I would like to return to the view I set and saved using EZDOK. I set up my view, saved and assigned a shoutcut to it but the camera doesn't return to the view I set.

It's nothing to do with the way PMDG code their models, nor is it anything to do with dynamic head movement. The VC view movement is an FSX bug. The further away the eyepoint is from the CG the larger the movement. That's why it's more noticeable in the MD-11 compared to the NGX. The NGX's HGS makes it more visible as any eye movement relative to that is very obvious.

Unfortunately EZCA is also affected because the camera positions appear to be relative to the FSX eyepoint, which is what is moving around as the aircraft changes heading. I found I had to fine tune my EZCA positions for the MD-11 using different headings until I got a good compromise. Taxiing around on the airfield helps make this process fairly quick.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Perfectly stated Kevin...I don't know where I heard about the MD11 movement, but obviously it didn't come from PMDG and I wasn't too certain it was truth anyway. I do know I did read that, however inaccurate.

As for EZCA, I have my arrow keys set with the minimum allowable movement so I can fine tune my views after switching to them. It is a little bit of a pain, but it's become intuitive to me. Once I realized nothing could be done to completely eliminate head movement, I decided to give up stewing over it, move on, and enjoy FSX as best I can.

Open cameras.cfg (same location as fsx.cfg) , and change ALL momentumEffect=yes (or true) to no or false.

These lines are also (not always, but sometimes) present in the aircraft.cfg file. Know that an entry in the aircraft.cfg will overide what is in the cameras.cfg

I have zero movement effect in all installed planes.

Well, if you have absolutely no movement effects, you may be the first. I definitely have found and set to "No" or "False" all occurrences of Momentum in both the Cameras.cfg and all aircraft.cfg files and I still have it. I know I'm not alone because I read about this very issue on another forum a while ago when I first got EZCA.

So when you are in a locked perspective view from the VC of, say, the NGX, and you taxi and pull a 180 degree turn on the ground, you have no change in your perspective or "shifting" of the view? I find it hard to believe, but FSX has proven that some setups may have very weird different effects from others. I know that even though I have all of the momentum effects turned off, I still have shifting of my view, even in EZCA with a locked view.

Well, if you have absolutely no movement effects, you may be the first. I definitely have found and set to "No" or "False" all occurrences of Momentum in both the Cameras.cfg and all aircraft.cfg files and I still have it. I know I'm not alone because I read about this very issue on another forum a while ago when I first got EZCA.

So when you are in a locked perspective view from the VC of, say, the NGX, and you taxi and pull a 180 degree turn on the ground, you have no change in your perspective or "shifting" of the view? I find it hard to believe, but FSX has proven that some setups may have very weird different effects from others. I know that even though I have all of the momentum effects turned off, I still have shifting of my view, even in EZCA with a locked view.

+1

There definately is a problem, im not disputing that.

Lets assume im in the VC, and i pull a hard turn. The cockpit would kind of 'drift' the view, right?

All i know is, that since changing the momentumEffects thing for all cameras in all necessary files, i dont get that effect - simple as. I can turn hard, pull up hard, the VC doesnt shift the view position at all.

Maybe try dumbing down the effects in EZCA? Dont forget that that during installation, EZCA creates its own camera, and does so everytime you run the config tool.

But every FSX installation is different! :)

Inhibiting momentum effects would certainly do what you said. But the other camera movement is more subtle and unrelated to g forces. It moves purely with heading change, no matter how fast or slow you make it.

If you haven't noticed it then I wouldn't go looking for it, because then you won't be able to stop noticing it!

ki9cAAb.jpg

Also, the view shifts depending on what side of the globe you're on. I've tried changing airports while in the cockpit, and different airports produce different views.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Does the latest version of P3D have this "bug" as well?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto