Sign in to follow this  
738Captain

Camera movement in VC

Kevin, Dovetail have modified the code, they've even stated as such, however I too was under the impression they where not modifying the code to begin with. But, what they have made clear is that they are only working on stability and getting the multiplayer working again, all improvements, now technology etc is going in to their new flights sim, which they code-named DFS. So they are modifying the code for stability, just putting more effort in to DFS

Kevin, Dovetail have modified the code, they've even stated as such, however I too was under the impression they where not modifying the code to begin with. But, what they have made clear is that they are only working on stability and getting the multiplayer working again, all improvements, now technology etc is going in to their new flights sim, which they code-named DFS. So they are modifying the code for stability, just putting more effort in to DFS

I don't think it was just an impression simmers had. It came from a press release by DTG. Yes I'm aware they've changed some code, but you can't fix bugs without doing that. They've also recompiled it so the executable is different.

Fundamentally though, FSX has to remain FSX. DTG can't do what they like with it and still call it FSX.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I was doing some further testing - so far even the flight tests look good. So here's the plan: As there are some holidays coming up and I'm not available during that time, I plan on providing the prototype for an open beta test somewhere around the end of next week. I will provide you with a download link and an email adress where you could request a license in order to try it out. Why does it take until the end of next week? Well - quite simple: I'm a one man show here and I would like to provide you with some basic support within a reasonable timeframe at least. I will keep you updated. Thanks for all your kind comments and your support so far.

That sounds fantastic! Will this work with P3D as well since the problem is the same there?

I was doing some further testing - so far even the flight tests look good. So here's the plan: As there are some holidays coming up and I'm not available during that time, I plan on providing the prototype for an open beta test somewhere around the end of next week. I will provide you with a download link and an email adress where you could request a license in order to try it out. Why does it take until the end of next week? Well - quite simple: I'm a one man show here and I would like to provide you with some basic support within a reasonable timeframe at least. I will keep you updated. Thanks for all your kind comments and your support so far.

Awesome! :D

Nice Work Holger! As always the question: Does it impact performance?

Thanks in Advance.

Chris Titz

I completed some flights with the correction - mainly with the PMDG777-200. If you like to try the software, you can download it for an open beta test using the following link:

Contained within the zip file there is a short Readme.txt that will explain how to install the addon. There is no installer yet but the setup should be very easy. Please read the Readme.txt!

In order to receive a license, please send an email to vp.correction@hotmail.com with the subject "Request License". I will provide you with a license file (hopefully within 24 hours - depending on your time zone ;-) that is valid until the end of July. This simple registration process will enable me to notify you once a new version is available. 

I have not decided yet, how to make the software available after that period.

However, I would really appreciate your feedback, problems or suggestions for this addon. Please use the same e-mail address as for requesting the license file. My testing was done using the latest version of FSX-SE (10.0.62613.8). I **think** it will work with FSX as well but I'm not sure about P3D. So any feedback about this is also very welcome.

There is one (known) limitation yet: Changing the eyepoint via the key commands will not work as the algorithm will overwrite the changes for the next correction. I will work on a solution for this and update all license holders once a solution for this is available.

Have fun.

Holger

Holger Schmid

Has anyone comments on this VP Correction open beta? 

I have contacted Holger to participate but have FSX and not FSX SE and he is looking into an option for FSX users.

Not at home at the moment so won't know until I get back later this week when I will be able to test the software.

The new file Holger has provided works great with PMDG 777-200LR in FSX.

Thanks Holger.

OK - looking forward to getting home, opening my email and giving it a whirl.

having said that it would be really nice if the 737 NGX or the Aerosoft A320 were an option  as I fly many more flights with those two aircraft than I have with the 777.

OK - looking forward to getting home, opening my email and giving it a whirl.

having said that it would be really nice if the 737 NGX or the Aerosoft A320 were an option  as I fly many more flights with those two aircraft than I have with the 777.

Holger, this is some relief for FSX users looking for a fix with most of them giving up that there would be one.  EZDOK made a sneaky appearance lately and just when all users were looking up for a fix for all their problems, they sneaked out again.

Will this fix work with the PMDG 737 NGX or is it aircraft specific?  Would love to have it with the NGX as a lot more of us are with the NGX for the medium and short haul flights

Ted

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

I also fly the NGX much more frequently than the 777 and 747, it would be great to have your fix on this a/c

Great work Holger, thanks a lot !!

Sergio Naiberg