Sign in to follow this  
738Captain

Camera movement in VC

It seems not too work with users Ezdok.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

It seems not too work with users Ezdok.

That's not really surprising. It would be like expecting Ezdok and Opus to work well together.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If you are using EZDOK, you will need to go to the add-on menu, and under EZDOK click "global stable", this will temporarily disable EZDOK and then you can go ahead and activate VP correction.

Sadly it seems EZDOK development is dead, thus Holger will not be able to make his excellent piece of software work hand in hand with EZDOK. He has already attempted to get in touch with EZDOKs developer, to no avail.

Enabling VP Correction for taxi, takeoff and landing is already a massive improvement.

I dont mind spending 5 seconds to temporarily disable EZDOK when I have to make a lot of  significant turns during taxi and especially during initial takeoff, landing and exiting the runway. This is when the viewpoint drifting is most noticeable and I am constantly having to correct it.

VP Correction takes care of that for me now. Furthermore, this is still in BETA and holger is very active in getting feedback and looking into improvements.

So if ezdok won't work what options do we have for looking around the Vc ?

FSX mouse look is what I use. Spacebar + mouse (or whatever key you choose instead). Plus the preset views provided by PMDG. I have ezdok but long since gave up using it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Ok, once the new 747 is out I will check out the pmdg views...can they be modified ?

I've never felt the need to try.

ki9cAAb.jpg

No good for users of TRACKIR.

If I used these kind of solutions I wouldn't care, because I'd be able to correct it "on the fly".

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I have TrackIr but haven't used it in a while.

I would think if Vp Correction could keep tabs of the corrected eyepoint position so that when you re-center the view after gazing around it went back to that point it could be integrated.

I use OPUS fixed views and they don't work overly well in conjunction with Vp Correction.

To date I have switched off Vp Correction in cruise flight but found it very useful when taxiing, approaching, landing and departing. 

Email conversations with Holger indicate to me he is very keen to address this issue and produce a product that works harmoniously with other addons. For that he should be encouraged and I will be providing whatever support I can to deal with this.

I generally fly within the Southern Hemisphere with little activity north of Dubai and the eyepoint shift is annoying to a the least. I have only recently ventured into Europe and found the eyepoint shift not as pronounced - certainly in the A320 and NGX

I haven't tried yet but I think if I disable the Z Rotation in TRACKIR Vp Correction may be able to work!!

Jimmy Nestor

I haven't tried yet but I think if I disable the Z Rotation in TRACKIR Vp Correction may be able to work!!

NO!!   Makes no difference.

Jimmy Nestor

To date I have switched off Vp Correction in cruise flight but found it very useful when taxiing, approaching, landing and departing. 

Precisely what I am doing. Taxi, takeoff and landing are when i temporarily disable EZDOK and enable the wonderful VP Correction. Works perfectly on my -200LR/F and -300ER.

I do a lot of DXB-***-DXB flying and that is a particularly bad region with the eyepoint shift.

Make sure you guys are using Holgers latest version. 1.0.4 as it now allows you to set a default viewpoint for when VP correction is enabled. Using the standard FSX viewpoint movement keys. (see his latest email).

For those that have asked and are wondering, VAS impact is virtually 0. I confirmed with Holger, and did some testing of my own last night, I cannot see a difference in VAS usage for when it is enabled or disabled. 

This topic has gone very quiet. Anyone using the Mod heard fro Holger recently?