Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

What is Multi-Crew Experience

I will be trying this, for certain, in the near future.  Does it work with the PMDG 777? I'm really getting into that aircraft here lately.

They've said that as soon as the sdk has been released they can start working on it :P

John Cramer

I asked the ame question, apparently they have been ready with their pack, but the PMDG SDK has a few items that don't work as expected, so we may have to wait a little.

Bummer, if it is like the package MCE released for the NGX, we can expect to be able to write our own flows for everything, even emergencies, can't wait.

Compare to FS2Crew Voice and GSX, please. Seems a lot more interactive from the quick look I just took.  I might just decide to buy it.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Compare to FS2Crew Voice and GSX, please. Seems a lot more interactive from the quick look I just took. I might just decide to buy it.

Gary, best way is to get the MCE Demo. Just install it, then immediately run the App Wizard so it sets itself up and away you go. It is a different product to most in the market, it is not scripted and you have freedom to write your own checklists and create your own flows and even put your own voice recordings to good use provided the aircraft supports the interaction (most aircraft with complex SDKs do).

If you get stuck or have questions, the good folk in Support will assist you, even with the free Demo version.

And, if there's anything you don't like, just let them know.

They've even been known to update the product (free) to accommodate just one user !

Who else is prepared to do that?

100% recommended, especially with RC4.

I just may do that. What are the restrictions to the demo mode?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just may do that. What are the restrictions to the demo mode?

No restriction as such.

Only thing to keep in mind, the Demo is short (3 days or 20 runs whichever expires first). Do not install it, unless you have a couple of spare days ahead. Once it's started, it will expire after 3 days, even if you din't find time to test it.

Also, in the unlikely scenario where the Demo doesn't go smoothly straight away, do not exhaust the precious runs by hopelessly trying to run MCE.

Rather post on this forum, or contact support.

Regarding installation....

This is one of the least disruptive FS add-ons you may come across.

It doesn't mess with FSX, P3D, or FS9 files

No "aircraft.cfg" or "panel.cfg" are ever touched.

It will add fsInsider.dll in \Flight sim installation folder\

It will add <MCE dll> folder to \Flight sim installation folder\

That's it.

If you ever have an issue with starting FS, simply remove those items above, and you will be back to your FS installation prior to installing the Demo.

And the best bit, unlike other add-ons that run via a grafted gauge into the aircraft panel (with issues like not enough available entries), the heavy part of MCE speech engine and audio, run completely outside the simulator process. This is to prevent the speech engine gobbling-up the flight sim precious VAS (virtual address space), so other add-ons (that have no choice other than to run inside the sim process) can have more of it available.

You won't have to decide whether to use high quality scenery or voice control. MCE won't be fighting for its share. 

This design is also more robust. You won't need to be afraid when bombarding FO with requests, out of fear it might upset something and get you the dreaded CTD because a particular command wasn't handled as expected.

Worst case scenario, MCE would eventually die. But it won't take your flight (the most important thing) down with it. You can just restart MCE, even mid-flight, or continue your flight without it.

This is voice control that is fun, not some role play where you have to memorize all key sentences, and only speak them at specified times in the scripted sequence.

If the tens of built-in voice commands aren't flexible enough for you, you could create your own, and get things done, when you want, and the way you want.

No arguments about who should handle item A or B. You decide, either you handle, it or leave it to FO.

In the various videos, you may hear FO talk a lot when executing flows. That is just an option, to allow you to check whatever he is doing, as there is no physical presence to make it obvious. Once satisfied he's doing the right thing, you can turn all flows to silent execution by just disabling option "verbose" for every available or custom made flow.

MCE is designed to actually give the opportunity to real world pilots to rehearse their own company specific Standard Operating procedures and checklist within the realm of FSX/P3D and FS9. And yes, ATC has to play a part, so it can test your resilience. ATC almost always disrupts your flows and checklists, and real world pilots have to learn to multi-task. That's why we support Native ATC, and if that's not good enough, Radar Contact and PFE ATC are also supported.

The full multi crew experience, that's what MCE is about.

Thank you 

• Like 1

I am interested in MCE but the vast majority of the flying I do is VFR (i.e. KSDO to KIWA etc. Baron 58, Carenado A36), I am getting too old and feeble to handle commercials.   Is MCE overkill or would I find it useful for my short flights?  The website says it supports all FSX default aircraft so I presume that is the case with P3D 2.5 also?  I use XP10 on occasion for VFR also so I would be considering MCE for XP10 also.

Thanks for any input.

John

Have to say WOW.

Don't normally fly in Europe but decided to replicate Air France flying their 707-300's from Paris to Japan, over the pole via Anchorage...and just for fun started the flight in Athens.  As I placed the CS707-300 at LGAT (I fly classic scenery and this is the old airport) I hear Marco...with a very European accent...it was great.  Then when I got to LFPO (Orly) here was Christian to welcome me...in such a deep French Accent that I really had to listen carefully.  I'll have to fly to Sweden, and other foreign countries, to see what you have there.

So decided had to try your additional voices to see what else was available.  Keep it up...this is great.

Garry Lundberg