Sign in to follow this  
BobK

How does the PMDG 737-800/900 compare to the PIC767 for FS2002?

For those of you who owned the PIC767 for FS2002 package, how does the PMDG 737-800/900 compare to the PIC767 package?Thanks again.

PIC is MUCH better on framerates. PMDG is quite a bit more complex than PIC though. 767 PICv2 (or whatever it'll be called) for FS2004 is in the works though. That'll be another story. :)

BobK

They're both in the top echelon of FS airliners - I do think at this point after SU2 and the 800/900 addon, the NG is a more complete aircraft that PICv1 was. I'm sure PIC2 is going to be great though, and I can't wait to get it!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

the PIC product still has the edge over the PMDG offering in technical accuracy in my opinion. Lack of the INS and with the CDU that is still not a contender, several functions are lacking that are on the PIC product and have a real life equivelent to the NG series.Both are great, and will continue to be so.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Well one cannot even view engine out information on PIC if people think that's more advanced? PIC did not have vector gauges and many other things regardless of when it was made. It was the greatest airliner up till PMDG's NG period but anyone in the know simply will not let bias cloud plain facts. PIC's FMC certainly does not compare to PMDG's FMC but I am SURE this will change for V2. As for the IRS thing, really silly since all of the NG pilots I know use the GPS for the IRS position! [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

I have to agree with Randy. I was a PIC767 beta tester and of course a long time user of the product. I loved it then and still think that the Wade/Eric/Laurent/Pedro team did just an outstanding job.However PIC is VERY "long in the tooth" on graphic technology. just can't be compared to the many state of the art techniques on the current PMDG 737.On actual systems function, lets be honest as good as PIC was it is not up to the PMDG 737. This issue of the IRS not being there is really overblown. When the PIC767 was being developed, a fix had be done to make the IRS alighnment sequence faster. First to align the IRS is about as much fun as watching "grass grow", yes it is a function, but even the most die hard simmers won't want to wait. Plus the systems align today with GPS and that the PMDG has down perfectg.As I said, I will always love the work on the PIC767 , but it just is NOT in the same league today with the PMDG 737-800/900 planes IMHO.CheersBob

You people with PMDG banners aren't in any way biased, are you? :-lol... especially seeing that 767PIC won't run in FS9 .... ;)

>You people with PMDG banners aren't in any way biased, are>you? :-lolWhat would EVER make you think THAT? :-lol

BobK