Sign in to follow this  
FSMuseum

Warning Sounds - Why Can't I Hear Them?

Mr. Maziarz is the saviour for many people in here hehe. ;-)

And glad to see that it solved your problem. I just got back from flying. Wuhu! Happy flying in virtual skies!

Jakob

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Ok, if I'm the savior, I'm starting a religion - FLYINTOLOGY. You are all the souls of dead space alien flight simmers and you feel pain today because your FPS wasn't high enough in your past lives. I, L. Ryan Maziarz will lead you all to the promised land where you'll find 72 virgin FSX installs that run at 60FPS under all circumstances.

Just send your checks to me!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok, if I'm the savior, I'm starting a religion - FLYINTOLOGY. You are all the souls of dead space alien flight simmers and you feel pain today because your FPS wasn't high enough in your past lives. I, L. Ryan Maziarz will lead you all to the promised land where you'll find 72 virgin FSX installs that run at 60FPS under all circumstances.

Just send your checks to me!

Do you accept PayPal? :Big Grin:

Should definitely recieve a sticky or notice status. Many people might also have this issue.

FS2004 Forever

If you still can't get your cabin sounds going after updating DirectX, particularly if you have a special sound card or special speakers (eg. subwoofers etc.), here's another thing to check:

Go into your soundcard device settings, and make sure you've selected the right speaker configuration for your actual speakers.

The soundcard setting application (usually available through control panel) is the place where you tell your soundcard all about your speakers, so it can send the right kinds of sounds, on the right channels, to the right speakers. For my Realtek soundcard (as an example: other soundcard setting apps are similar I believe), and a L/R and Subwoofer speaker set up, I needed to choose '5.1' for speaker configuration. 'Stereo' or 'Quadrophonic' or any other setting (except 'Headphones' - see below) wouldn't cut it.

The goal is for your soundcard channels to match your speaker setup.

An easy way to test to see if this might be the problem is to set your speaker configuration to 'Headphones' then check whether your FSX cabin sounds come out with this setting (through your headphones). The reason this is worth a go is because you're guaranteed to be able to match your soundcard output to headphone speakers: there are only 2 of them, left and right, no funny business with subwoofers, center speakers or rear speakers etc.!  The Speaker Configuration setting often also has a test file to play which runs through sending sound out to each speaker it thinks is there. Play this file, and make sure it repeats the sound on each speaker. Again, if the sound file plays with a 'gap' it's likely your either missing a speaker (so the channel output goes nowhere), or your speaker configuration is wrong. An additional thing to check: make sure you only have 'Optional Speakers' checked for speakers you actually have (and plugged in!).

The goal of all this is to make sure your soundcard recognises your speakers (number and type) and can send the sounds from the right channel in your soundcard to the right speaker plugged in to your computer.

Like a few other people, I've been sitting on this problem (no cabin sounds in PMDG 737-800 NGX) for a couple of years until today I finally decided to sort it out. I knew it was a setting problem somewhere, because I know they used to work, but re-installing PMDG 737 didn't fix things. Interestingly, I had no problems with my PMDG 747.

And yes....this thread is definitely worth a pin!!!

Cheers

P2409

• Upvote 1

Full names in the forum - first and last.

What does this mean? Signing off with your real name?

Yes, it is written in the forum rules that everybody should read before posting.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

On 7/27/2016 at 4:48 PM, p2409a said:

If you still can't get your cabin sounds going after updating DirectX, particularly if you have a special sound card or special speakers (eg. subwoofers etc.), here's another thing to check:

Go into your soundcard device settings, and make sure you've selected the right speaker configuration for your actual speakers.

The soundcard setting application (usually available through control panel) is the place where you tell your soundcard all about your speakers, so it can send the right kinds of sounds, on the right channels, to the right speakers. For my Realtek soundcard (as an example: other soundcard setting apps are similar I believe), and a L/R and Subwoofer speaker set up, I needed to choose '5.1' for speaker configuration. 'Stereo' or 'Quadrophonic' or any other setting (except 'Headphones' - see below) wouldn't cut it.

The goal is for your soundcard channels to match your speaker setup.

An easy way to test to see if this might be the problem is to set your speaker configuration to 'Headphones' then check whether your FSX cabin sounds come out with this setting (through your headphones). The reason this is worth a go is because you're guaranteed to be able to match your soundcard output to headphone speakers: there are only 2 of them, left and right, no funny business with subwoofers, center speakers or rear speakers etc.!  The Speaker Configuration setting often also has a test file to play which runs through sending sound out to each speaker it thinks is there. Play this file, and make sure it repeats the sound on each speaker. Again, if the sound file plays with a 'gap' it's likely your either missing a speaker (so the channel output goes nowhere), or your speaker configuration is wrong. An additional thing to check: make sure you only have 'Optional Speakers' checked for speakers you actually have (and plugged in!).

The goal of all this is to make sure your soundcard recognises your speakers (number and type) and can send the sounds from the right channel in your soundcard to the right speaker plugged in to your computer.

Like a few other people, I've been sitting on this problem (no cabin sounds in PMDG 737-800 NGX) for a couple of years until today I finally decided to sort it out. I knew it was a setting problem somewhere, because I know they used to work, but re-installing PMDG 737 didn't fix things. Interestingly, I had no problems with my PMDG 747.

And yes....this thread is definitely worth a pin!!!

Cheers

P2409

Thanks alot for this! Fixed my PMDG 737 NGX cockpit sounds in P3Dv4.5.

Edit: Should also be pinned!

Carl-Otto Svensson

Edited by casv