Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Handling blowback: a different approach

-Company sets up store and customers arrive

Company welcomes everyone with open arms and installs table and chairs so everyone has a place to chat and feels weclome.

-After a few year there is a sale that makes some people unhappy

-People complaining about it for a week and start becoming hostile towards the company

Company is starting to do very well and offer there (in there words)most loyal customers a 15% discount if they pay for the next product upfront (up to 30 days before)before it comes out, there are many coming out within one month (around 8), so alot take up this offer only to see after all the products come out that the company have a 33% on them all.

-Company uninvites some customers from the store. It is probably not many based on how many people are here

The loyal customers that paid up front voices there displease at the 33% sale are told to go away and do not come back because the company can do what they like.

-Customers decided instead of finding a new store they go across the street and begin protesting every day. There protests are very direct and name specific people. The store does not respond, they do not insult the people across the street, they continue there business like before

I think you would find they have gone to new stores and spend there money else where. If you look at the opening topics there is very few that are started and targeted at the company but if people ask or pock a stick they get an answer.

-The protest continue even months after the people were uninvited. They want an apology. But the store obviously does not want them back inside. The store is now quiet and peaceful. The only problems are in the place across the street where the protest have run out of things to protest about, so they pick on every issue possible.

The Company is all quiet because no one is aloud to open there mouths unless it a "we love you" and god help them if they even what to tell there pals e.g A2A have the new P-51D. The tables and chairs now have a man standing over them with a stick.

-A store worker who was laid off joins in out of spite toward his former employer

How dare he

-This is how I see it

Good for you.

It is also interesting. Many of you say you do not have a care in the world for what happen at ORBX but you hang around here all day long. If you do not care why are you not going to other vendor like Aerosoft and Fltampa instead of hanging around here all the time

Once a day I come here, just like I goto 10-12 other forums a day, "all day" I think not. Unless someone pocks a stick.

Have a good weekend commodor peace to you.

I live by this:

Do right to me and I will make sure to always do right to you, if you want to tread on my toes I will break your legs first.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I see, you will break their legs. That is the anger that Alan seems to have mention.

And you want an apology?

If not agreeing with you is poking a stick i may end up poking a lot of sticks. But i will refrain from using angry red text and threatening to break legs. That seems very extreme.

This also show that you may have become what you dislike most. If people do not agree you are angry with them and throw accusations. I do not see anybody there insult you. Nobody threaten to break legs in red text. It is funny. The moderator here has to delete many posts because they are too offensive and you claim you do nothing at all wrong when you were banned.

Treads on toes, break legs. Ha. That is a dangerous way to live

No sorry that was not the point at all commodor

the point of the saying is

I will alway do right by people but don't think for one second I am going to let anyone walk all over me and to be clear that has nothing to do with your company or you or anyone on any forum.

Why did you not pick up on the point I will always do right by someone if there right with me? negative thinking commodor...negative thinking

The red text was simple to split up the wall of text so it read easy it could have been any colour. I had no idea anyone would think red text =angry I thought caps = shouting/angry I will opologize to anyone who thinks my red text = angry.

I will use a new cool shade of blue from now on commodor.

Please do not twist my words and I see you have nothing to say about all the replies apart from one saying that has nothing to do with your company or any company.

I will give you another saying I live buy.

"Do to others as you would have done to yourself". in a nice carm blue.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@ Commodor, so you like Orbx product like we all do, you buy them and some of us don't, you don't agree with some of us......ok fair enough so what's your point...

No one likes Orbx products more than I do, there the very best. I just don't buy them anymore.

Sounds like an unfortunate situation we see all too often as humans. I won't cast any blame here as it's not my place to do so. I will say this though: seems like the only way to resolve this is with an apology and since both parties feel wronged perhaps they can each apologize for their respective part. Just my two cents. Sorry for those that were banned, I've been banned under similar circumstances though not with any money involved.

Where I work if a customer is upset with the product, pricing etc we try and resolve the problem whether it be our fault or the customers because we want them to come back and spend their money at our store.

Now if we let 100 angry customers go some where else, it would not affect my wage but ORBX isn't exactly Australia's largest retail company. So although there are the familiar faces I see and know they do not buy ORBX products anymore (including myself) there is no doubt there are a whole lot more that do not aswell whether it be uptight Mods, the need to buy a $2000 computer or the product or pricing. I don't know about others but I'm happy to have an apology both ways, if not I won't buy another ORBX product and I'm happy to join a 'sledge' when I see one.

It's pretty simple for me.. before I was a regular visitor to their forum almost every day, so almost every day I saw their logo, read posts how great their products are, sometimes for hours (so I was an active customer) and, as a result, I was buying almost everything they released. Since they changed their forum policy (and all that happened) I go to their forum maybe once per month and I'm there for about 2 minutes. The result is that I bought 1 product in the last few months. I still think their products are great but I'm just not that interested in buying almost everything anymore. So, some of my money went to other developers instead.

I appreciate where you're coming from Alan and your summary of the events is faultless. Those who don't understand the issues need to realise that until this forum was created NO such discussion could be posted.

I'm not naming any posters here.

Sufficient to say that many years ago a guy called Ralph Nader started to champion consumer rights. His efforts have been copied across the World and because of that the world's most successful manufacturers now listen to AND seek customer feedback on their products. Successful brands are the ones with the best customer care and who recall faulty products or issue updates.

The sale debacle was slightly different. A blunder of monumental stupidity? We've all done those? Yes you have! ...and we've all coped with the fall out in different ways.

FTX have called their tune. IMHO the path they've chosen is blinkered and they will lose sales ...however their accountant is the only one likely to influence current policy so that leaves you with the simple choice of BUY or DON'T BUY?

All other FS add-on producers have offers ...just like the rest of the real commercial world. It's a proven sales tool. If FTX choose to respond to previous mistakes by ignoring that we at least know where we stand.

My Golden rule was NEVER pre-pay for anything. The only two times I ever did ....it turned round and bit me .

Unless you were affected by the pre-pay/sale debacle your opinion is frankly irrelevant. Everyone on this section of the forums IS an FTX customer. None dispute the quality of the developers work. What is different is that here you can voice an opinion, post screenshots without restrictions and still get help from a decent bunch of guys, most of whom used to be on the official forum.

I'd just point out that Loyalty is hard to gain .....easily lost ........and once lost hard to regain.

Geoff

Geoff Brown