Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Wingsuit flyer lands - without a chute

Just came across this guys... wow!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

We can change the title of this to "Wingsuit flyer lands without brains. Is beaten within an inch of his life by his Mother and grounded for life." :P

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

We can change the title of this to "Wingsuit flyer lands without brains. Is beaten withing an inch of his life by his Mother and grounded for life." :P

Wingsuit Flyer.....More like Wingnut Flyer :LMAO:

Matthew Kane

Good thing he judged it right since there was no going around. I wonder how long it took them to stack up all those boxes?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Idiot.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I would have thought the landing speed would have been somewhere around 80-100mph, taking into account the drag of his suit, only a guess...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I would have thought the landing speed would have been somewhere around 80-100mph, taking into account the drag of his suit, only a guess...

I was thinking more of 65 MPH.... :Thinking:

He bled off airspeed towards the end, kind of like a Helicopter that lost all power and is in autorotation, one last chance to use that energy to slow you down before....

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Yeah, looking again at the clip you're probably right Matt. Each time I look at it, I can't help thinking what was going through his mind... and then I thought, if he had missed the cardboard boxes it would probably have been his teeth :LMAO:

If you think this guy was a nutter, then look at this video to see some realy idiots. Beware though, you will cringe

http://youtu.be/4SXLffvBpTY

Howard

Geeeez! For a lot of years I just thought I had been nuts for jumping off of the garage roof with a umbrella when I was a kid. I gave that up the first time the umbrella went wrong side out and I hit the ground like a bag of potatoes. I limped away and never tried again! i guess it is to bad I didn't think of cardboard boxes but then again my sister probably would have slipped something really nasty from the outhouse into them. I realize that taking a so called calculated risk is one thing but crazies don't seem to be able to determine when the risk out weighs the reward! After all whats this guy going to get out of this, . . . a endorsement job for cardboard boxes? A free beer from another nut? Why didn't the phrase "not for a million bucks" enter his mind? I bet if he is married his wife told him what a really great idea it was and doubled his life insurance policy.

Forest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does." A comedian: "You can't fix stupid!"

Mel

There was a sport/game we did when I was growing up in New York City. It consisted of jumping back and forth between moving elevators in the shaft as they passed each other. This occurred in lots of the numerous high-rise housing projects in the city.

It was called elevator surfing, and was just one of several high risk games we utterly unsupervised kids barely out of diapers played. I have always thought I must have good "survivor genes" since I somehow lived to adulthood when so many of my friends died in horrible accidents related to that and other sorts of absurdly dangerous "games"

I wont even go into the details of nearly getting cut in half by a freight train!

I always think when I see things like that video that however many corporate sponsors they may have, what we are essentially watching is simply one more kid that never got over it and grew up.

This reminds me of a video I saw of Russian kids making their own fun in dangerous ways, just like we did. The girl is both extremely foolish and extremely brave, and even as I think "what an idiot!" another part of me cant help but think admiringly that her children (should she live to have any) will be very sturdy indeed.

No, she didn't learn anything the first time. By the way, this is not a bungee cord. Its a rope!

[media=]http://youtu.be/ORA9CGTAR8w

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Really disappointed with the reaction from our cousins across the pond, this was a planned jump, two practises using a parachute to stop on each and on the final run, a parachute was worn in case he had to abort. The film shown was poor but forward speed was down to 15mph and vertical about 50mph, no problem for a stuntman whose whole life is doing what people demand of them in action films.

Wow!!!

I realize that taking a so called calculated risk is one thing but crazies don't seem to be able to determine when the risk out weighs the reward! After all whats this guy going to get out of this, . . . a endorsement job for cardboard boxes? A free beer from another nut?

Mel

I this is _the_ wingsuit guy I do believe he is employed by Red Bull. He probably also has a pretty good idea by now of how well he can control his wingsuit and how much margin for error he has.