Sign in to follow this  

Problem with AVSIM Store

Hello, This is my first post here and I wish it was a good one. On Friday the 28th of March I purcahsed the Ready for Pushback 747-200 for download. I was unsuccessfull in downloading it and sent an email notifying the staff of my problem immediately. I recieved a response later that night notifying me that the person responsible would not be in the office until tomorrow. I waited patiently on Saturday and still nothing happened. I then placed a phone call to the number provided on the site. No response to that either. Today I tried calling several times and got a message that "the party you are calling is not answering, please try your call again later" I have since sent another email with no response. Now, I don't feel that I'm being unreasonable in my requests for some customer support. I purchase many things online to support my flight simulation hobby and never had this kind of trouble. I'm not sure what I'm expecting from this message, maybe I just need a place to vent.Daniel BerendPhoenix, Arizona

I hope that was the 28th of Februari?I too had initial download problems due to what seemed to be timeouts when using the old store hosted by Yahoo. Took several attempts (I think I had to try 4 times for the base pack, at one time it terminated with under 1KB to go on 51MB) but I did get it in the end.If I hadn't had broadband I'd have been in dire straits too I guess.The new store is much faster for downloads.Given the time you purchased, it might be you were unlucky enough to just fall in the changeover as the store moved to a new provider on the 28th Feb and 1st Mar...Try the store manager again via email, with a CC to Tom Allensworth would be my advise and in the meantime keep trying that download URL.

Yes it was the 28th of Feb. I tried the store manager again last night and recieved a reply this morning advising me that they were out of town at a flightsim conference and weren't aware of my problem. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.I have broadband so that is not the source of my problem. It lies in the fact that the URL expires after three attempts. Like I said before hopefully I will be able to download it in the near future.Daniel BerendPhoenix, Arizona