Sign in to follow this  
amr35

Best ATP Setup for FS9

This may have been asked before but the search didn't find anything. What are some must-have addons other than aircraft for the most realistic ATP experience in FS9? If I want to fly airliners a realistically as FS will allow what freeware or pay ware packages should I look into?

Thanks!

If you want a more realistic experience for FS9, for aircraft the best of the best in my opinion would be the PMDG MD-11 and Leonardo Maddog Professional 2010. The latter is likely to be more resource intensive, but includes some features that the others don't such as working breakers on the overhead panel.

The other important part would be FS2Crew to simulate operations. If you get the MD-11, Angle of Attack has training videos to get you started.

If you would like to try a more realistic experience without spending money, the iFly 747 (which I believe is available at the AVSIM file library) combined with tutorials on YouTube is probably your best bet.

Hello

i-fly 737 NG + FS2Crew or LH Maddog Professional 2010 + FS2Crew

Guest Mik75

That's what mad dog said is absolutely true. IFly and Leonardo SH Maddog, combined with FS2Crew are the best you can get. FS9 as a platform is able to provide a very smooth performance with all these add ons, so hand flying an approach into airports like Aerosoft Mega Airports or the simwings stuff is a really beautiful and immersive experience. Thats the reason for me to start up FS9 from time to time too. It's a big difference for me whether to have 15 or 30 FPS during flying SIDs and STARs by hand.