Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Still have problems during Taxi with this beast.

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a Mod or settings that will tame the C90B during taxi. I am usuing the Saitek Rudder pedals with registered FSUIPC for all settings. She remains very sensitive to brake inputs at taxi speeds greater than 5kts or so. have even tried to reduce some braking effects in the CFG file but does not seem help at all. Have checked all the normal things like dupe axis assignments through FSX and clean there. I love this bird but hate the jerking all over the taxiway and runway when using brakes. Help!! :Cry:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Sam,

There's an old unwritten rule about King Airs -- you don't use the brakes except for tight turns and to hold the aircraft in place. For speed control and most braking applications, use reverse.

That said, have you tried changing the slope settings for the brakes in FSUIPC?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Sam,

There's an old unwritten rule about King Airs -- you don't use the brakes except for tight turns and to hold the aircraft in place. For speed control and most braking applications, use reverse.

That said, have you tried changing the slope settings for the brakes in FSUIPC?

Thanks for the reply Yoda. I have been playing with the slope and even when set to the extreams (-15) there seems to be no change. Guess I will just have to get use to the reverse thing like you said. LOL, we ask for it to be as "real as it gets" and then it kicks our butts!! :Hypnotized:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I like using reverse thrust during taxi.... I just wish this a/c had some beta sounds.....

I find that once i get moving, engaging engine anti-ice will keep the speed down, even adding a lil beta also..

You should be using engine anti-ice on the ground, anyway. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Thanks for the reply Yoda. I have been playing with the slope and even when set to the extreams (-15) there seems to be no change. Guess I will just have to get use to the reverse thing like you said. LOL, we ask for it to be as "real as it gets" and then it kicks our butts!! :Hypnotized:

I was having a load of problems with controller sensitivity recently - not just brakes, burt ailerons, elevator, and rudder, too. Like you, I tried to fix things with a big negative number in the various FSUIPC controller slopes. Turns out I totally misunderstood! To get the controls to settle down and be less sensitive, it seems you actually have to use positive numbers. I've got my C90 brake slope set to 5, and they are nice and spongy, very easy to taxi with now. You might try that if you haven't already.

Hi Bill,

Do you use controller sensitivity slopes in FSUIPC for each single aircraft or do you use Generic ones?

Dave

I've got my C90 brake slope set to 5, and they are nice and spongy, very easy to taxi with now.

I've also got brakes on my Saitek pedals set with a slope of 5. While I still try to mimimize brake usage on the C90 during taxi, I do find them quite useable with occasional gentle application.

This plane certainly does make me wish I could set up beta properly on my throttle quadrant, though. I don't like to use reverse too much during taxi, as the sound transition is pretty artificial. Not bad for landing, but going back and forth during taxi grates on my nerves. I've gotten pretty good at anticipating lag with throttles though, and as a consequence my taxi efforts have also improved with the Turbine Duke. About my only complaint is that I expect the techiques that I've developed don't much resemble what would be done IRL.

Scott

I've also got brakes on my Saitek pedals set with a slope of 5. While I still try to mimimize brake usage on the C90 during taxi, I do find them quite useable with occasional gentle application.

This plane certainly does make me wish I could set up beta properly on my throttle quadrant, though. I don't like to use reverse too much during taxi, as the sound transition is pretty artificial. Not bad for landing, but going back and forth during taxi grates on my nerves. I've gotten pretty good at anticipating lag with throttles though, and as a consequence my taxi efforts have also improved with the Turbine Duke. About my only complaint is that I expect the techiques that I've developed don't much resemble what would be done IRL.

Scott

I configured fsuipc so that when I pull my Saitek throttle into reverse it hits F1 followed by F2 4 or 5 times. Does a better job of simulating BETA which is what is usually used rather than full reverse.

RIch

ATP CFII

Hi Bill,

Do you use controller sensitivity slopes in FSUIPC for each single aircraft or do you use Generic ones?

Dave

Hi Dave - sorry, I missed your response before. I use controller profiles for different types of aircraft in FSUIPC (stick recip, yoke recip, stick jet, yoke jet, etc...) and my slopes are specific to those profiles.

I configured fsuipc so that when I pull my Saitek throttle into reverse it hits F1 followed by F2 4 or 5 times. Does a better job of simulating BETA which is what is usually used rather than full reverse.

hi

just wondering how you set this up in FSUIPC?

thanks lee

just wondering how you set this up in FSUIPC?

X2!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a Mod or settings that will tame the C90B during taxi. I am usuing the Saitek Rudder pedals with registered FSUIPC for all settings

I've also found that setting the power to about 20% and using the condition levers rather than the power levers allows for a fairly civilized taxi and I mormally only have to brake for turns or stops.

Here is another suggestion...you can pull back the fuel conditioners to idle...that will require you to apply power for taxiing...that works for me

Here is another suggestion...you can pull back the fuel conditioners to idle...that will require you to apply power for taxiing...that works for me

This is how it should be done

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK