Sign in to follow this  
MartyB

Need Advice on Writing Scripts

Hi All New to MCE and Really like it, i'm a little confused on the Scripts and could use Some Help getting Started.

Thanks

Martyb

Sure thing Marty, what aeroplane are you trying to get the scripts running for?

trying to do scripts for my CS 757. i'm kinda getting the hang of it but its not even close, i'm using the included commands but only half work

and the Doc's say just type them out ??????? Kinda Lost :Hypnotized:

Ok, keeping it simple, when you give a command, you will see it written at the top of the screen in red.

I found if i write this down and put it in a script, it works just about all the time! Then use voxscript, write the command and select test to see if it works. Have you also got the NGX?

I do, I think i might need to do some more reading when i test my commands i only hear about half of what i said.

looks like a new version is coming out soon so i will keep messing with what i have because i don't know how to save the scripts ;-)

Load your aircraft, go into the checklist tab, select correct aircraft type, then go into command tab and into the voxscript tool.

Do this for the NGX and look at how the commands are written to give you some idea, i saw a video of the captain sim 757 with MCE and i saw lots of commands that could be scripted.

Give the NGX flow a try and see how it works.

Marty, PM me your email address...I started a script for the CS757 which should help get you started

Maybe we can add a sort of 'standard MCE procedures' thread, explaining e.g. common problems and solutions (Windows voice engine stuff, microphone setup tips) and the tasks like setting up a nice list with VoxScript.

Same goes for VoxKey, being versatile but, somehow, cryptic when starting.

Yeah, we might start a hints and tips thread

I found out it never hurts to ask. WR269 has me moving in the right direction now ;-) the Possibilities

of this Program are very Promising !!!!!