Sign in to follow this  
CptVito

Boeing 717 by PMDG ?

Hello PMDG's team and all members !

I love this airplane !

few details about this Boeing 717

On May 23, 2006, Boeing delivered its final two 717 airplanes to Midwest Airlines and AirTran Airways in a ceremony before thousands of employees, retirees and dignitaries in Long Beach, Calif. The deliveries conclude commercial airplane production in Southern California that began in the 1920s with the Douglas Aircraft Co.

The 717 program, which produced 156 airplanes, pioneered breakthrough business and manufacturing processes for Boeing Commercial Airplanes.

The program was launched by an order from AirTran Airways in 1995, and the airplane quickly became renowned by customers for its excellent economics, performance and reliability. Based on the Douglas DC-9 and launched as the McDonnell Douglas MD-95, the 100-seater was renamed the Boeing 717 after McDonnell Douglas and Boeing merged in 1997.

The 717 will continue to deliver unsurpassed economy and value to our airline customers for years to come. Boeing will continue to provide the outstanding customer service support for the 717s operating at carriers worldwide.

Douglas opened the Long Beach factory in 1941 as part of President Roosevelt's Arsenal of Democracy -- a request to the nation's industries to halt civilian production and assist in making wartime equipment. The facility produced almost 10,000 airplanes for World War II before transitioning to commercial airplane production after the war. Douglas merged with the McDonnell Aircraft Company in 1967, forming the McDonnell Douglas Corporation.

More than 15,000 airplanes have been produced in the Long Beach factory.

Airplane Characteristics

COMPLETE DOCUMENT

via this link

http://www.boeing.co...s/acaps/717.pdf

FEW PICS

173655Boeing717flightdeck.jpg

559870Boeing717Overhead.jpg

911244Boeing717200detallecockpit.jpg

634298717airTran.jpg

301689717Blue1.jpg

577727717Cobham.jpg

673465717Hawaiian.jpg

355742717Voloteaok.jpg

What do you think, gentlemen ?

I think It could be a great project, you have many more similarities with the MD-11.

Thanks everybody

Best Regards !

Kevin

I would love one of these.

Would fit nicely between the J41 and the 737.

I would like to see this guy too. I prefer the B717 to the MD-80 family, even if they are almost the same.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

If PMDG is only focusing on popular aircraft we see everyday then at some point PMDG won't have anymore aircrafts to create. I say go for the B717, its something no one else has done and you will automatically take the entire market share for that aircraft. There are just too many 737s 757s 767 around and they are saturating the FS market. Lets see some DC-10s B717s etc

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

If PMDG is only focusing on popular aircraft we see everyday then at some point PMDG won't have anymore aircrafts to create. I say go for the B717, its something no one else has done and you will automatically take the entire market share for that aircraft. There are just too many 737s 757s 767 around and they are saturating the FS market. Lets see some DC-10s B717s etc

!

Oooh yeah you'R absoluty right Carb

I don't know, I would personally like a 717 but with so many of the md series around (super 80, maddog) and a dc-9 on the horizon (coolsky), I just don't see it happening....

I don't know, I would personally like a 717 but with so many of the md series around (super 80, maddog) and a dc-9 on the horizon (coolsky), I just don't see it happening....

I dont see it happening due to the fact that Ryan has said every time a 717 post comes up that they are not going to make one. That's good enough for me.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Please PLEASE PLEASE do a 717!!!! :biggrin:

Not to be annoying but hasn't the B717 come up in 10 topics now? It's a great aircraft but it wasn't really that popular. I am for one but I find a 757 more important.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

The 717 is a cool aircraft. I like its MD11 flight deck a lot!