Sign in to follow this  
CptVito

Boeing 717 by PMDG ?

but I find a 757 more important

Unfortunately PMDG already said they won't develop one due to Level-D.

Unfortunately PMDG already said they won't develop one due to Level-D.

Yep, I am really annoyed by that because Level-D has stated that they won't make a freight version. That means that we still go without a decent freight 757. Also, I really doubt that an airplane that has been in development for 5+ years is up to date to the current technology. They totally lost the thread to the amount of complexity that Flightsimlabs and PMDG can achieve.

I think PMDG should reconsider since Daryl stated: "PMDG can produce whatever they want. There is NOTHING preventing them from producing any airplane they want. They want the 757, why don't they produce it? You want a 757 from PMDG, ask away..."

Found it here: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24453&title=future-of-level-d-757. It really is a big hole in the FS community not to have a 757.

Just my 2 cents

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

A 717? Good choice, PMDG has experience on both Boeing and MD, shouldnt be that hard. I would fly it.

I'll be onboard for the 717....go for it PMDG!

I think PMDG should reconsider since Daryl stated: "PMDG can produce whatever they want. There is NOTHING preventing them from producing any airplane they want. They want the 757, why don't they produce it? You want a 757 from PMDG, ask away..."

Found it here: http://www.leveldsim...-of-level-d-757. It really is a big hole in the FS community not to have a 757.

I had no idea Daryl had said that.

Even so, I'm sure PMDG still won't do it out of respect for Level-D, a gentlemen's agreement.

But yeah, we are sorely lacking in the 757 area.

i would love to see pmdg do a 717 its one of my favorites. i love the airtran and soon to be sw. i have been looking for an airtran repaint for the cls md80 so badly and a pmdg 717 would be the best they should do it.

They also said no to 717

I can't find a reference to that anywhere.

Got a link?

I would love a 717!

I just wonder sometimes, please correct me if I am wrong but how many times has PMDG listened to the user base, and produced an airplane that the end user's wanted?

With that being stated I believe that PMDG doesn't care what request's are being made in the forum. It's my belief that they already have a list somewhere that has every plane they will develop for the next 10 years.

PMDG is a company that is very closed and kept out of public eyes, why they do this, I have no idea?? It would be my little wet dream to wake up on a consistent basis to news reports, screenshots, video's, or just posts that let us know what the developers are doing, and how its coming!

Yet even with all this I keep coming back, and so do the thousands of users. Long live PMDG!

Evan Thrams

I would love a 717!

I just wonder sometimes, please correct me if I am wrong but how many times has PMDG listened to the user base, and produced an airplane that the end user's wanted?

With that being stated I believe that PMDG doesn't care what request's are being made in the forum. It's my belief that they already have a list somewhere that has every plane they will develop for the next 10 years.

PMDG is a company that is very closed and kept out of public eyes, why they do this, I have no idea?? It would be my little wet dream to wake up on a consistent basis to news reports, screenshots, video's, or just posts that let us know what the developers are doing, and how its coming!

Yet even with all this I keep coming back, and so do the thousands of users. Long live PMDG!

Evan Thrams

Evan,

Granted I've been here for a year or two (can't remember and too lazy to look) but I don't recall hearing requests for the T7, DC-6, or Dash-8.

I think the reason that PMDG is so secretive is competition. Would you want your competition to know what products you are developing?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Evan,

Granted I've been here for a year or two (can't remember and too lazy to look) but I don't recall hearing requests for the T7, DC-6, or Dash-8.

I think the reason that PMDG is so secretive is competition. Would you want your competition to know what products you are developing?

What Competition?

They wont pounce on Level D, Wilco and feelthere really dont make products comparable with PMDG, Flight 1 doesnt handle too many large airliners, and in a direct plane vs plane competition against Aerosoft , PMDG would win.

I understand some secrecy, but sometimes they act like my good friend. He refuses to tell me about his father's job at NetJets because he works in "security" turns out his dad is a flight attendent and will talk to me directly about anything I want!