Sign in to follow this  
out

Namaste! Kathmandu Tribhuvan, Nepal, released!

Kathmandu <-> Paro is a very nice airport combination.

Or New Delhi <--> Kathmandu... :Idea:

That is true. I have reported most of them for AES support but Oliver (the developer of AES) has not treated them.

I do not understand the reasons behind it, as they seem very well done and quite attractive. So it is a great pity.

On the bright side though Oliver has finally applied AES support to Barbados, which was requested for a very long time.

So maybe he is just short of time and after he brings all AES NG features and finishes with all Aerosoft-sold airports (priorities), he'll give us more Asian support.

It's not because of Oliver. It is because of Thai Creation.

If an airport wants AES support, the gates have to be on a seperate .bgl file,not within the terminal. Thai Creation always combined the gate and the terminal into one .bgl file. So Oliver can't put his AES's gates into it.

I've feedback and comment to Thai Creation long time ago (since his first release Noibai Intl, but he still doesn't change anything since). I don't know why.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I bought the scenery. Usually I like Thai Creation but this time I dont really know.

About the AFCAD it is very problematic since in the same afcad file there is autogen and airport object attached to it. This means that if you try to change the afcad (AFX and the freeware AFCAD) you loose all those object. So as far as I see I cant change the afcad.

I also have a problem with missing traffic on arrival but if I load the fs9 to begin at VNKT there is traffic.

I wrote Thai Creation but havent heard anything yet - will update you.

But does anyone know what to do ?

Looks very good, And the price is definitely right. With all this great stuff coming out for FS9 lately, Where do we put our credit cards after they melt? :Thinking:

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W

I can't see why AES could not support this airport. There are no aerobridges anyway.

Graeme Butler

I'll have to pick this up...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I bought the scenery. Usually I like Thai Creation but this time I dont really know.

About the AFCAD it is very problematic since in the same afcad file there is autogen and airport object attached to it. This means that if you try to change the afcad (AFX and the freeware AFCAD) you loose all those object. So as far as I see I cant change the afcad.

I also have a problem with missing traffic on arrival but if I load the fs9 to begin at VNKT there is traffic.

I wrote Thai Creation but havent heard anything yet - will update you.

But does anyone know what to do ?

You will need to use ADE to change the AFCAD. The parking positions at the domestic apron are not correctly placed or numbered.

For scenery designers who wish to charge for their work.....please realise approach codes are an important part of airport design..... separate autogens/flattens/library scenery etc from your afcads.

For aircraft modellers..... fix your static_pitch and static_heights!

edit* I used ADE to change the afcad and lost the autogen.. oh well.

Koltsovo is outstanding FS9 scenery .....Khathmandu is not in the same league....still I am a sucker for a tricky approach.

I heard now from the developer of the scenery. As already mentioned I have to use the ADE to change the afcad but I still loose all the autogen and other objects even though I can see it in the ADE file.

It is problematic while the AI is taxiing off the taxiway on the grass.

When I compile in ADE all the autogen is lost.

Anyone know what to do ?

I heard now from the developer of the scenery. As already mentioned I have to use the ADE to change the afcad but I still loose all the autogen and other objects even though I can see it in the ADE file.

It is problematic while the AI is taxiing off the taxiway on the grass.

When I compile in ADE all the autogen is lost.

Anyone know what to do ?

The developer needs to compile the autogen and other objects into a separate file so that others can fix the afcad/approaches if he cannot.

I am also guessing there is a landclass file somewhere in there that should be in it's own folder.

Read this by Tom Gibson "

If you EVER open the airport from the BGL file (even once), it is very likely you will lose a lot more than a few buildings - never do that.

The Open Airport from BGL command is there so people can open files created by AFCAD, etc. and edit them. It is not there to open ADE BGL files. "

Maybe if the developer would let us have the original ad2 file that would help. :Nerd:

ok I thought I could do so through ADE.

Hopefully there will be a solution from Thai Creation.

I also wonder why the is a hit on my FPS when the airport is small and I usually dont have fps issues.

The hit has to do with the ADE file.

ok I thought I could do so through ADE.

Hopefully there will be a solution from Thai Creation.

I also wonder why the is a hit on my FPS when the airport is small and I usually dont have fps issues.

The hit has to do with the ADE file.

I checked with LWMViewer2 and there are two landclass files ...one of which needs to be there. KTM_01.bgl .....the other I moved to it's own landclass folder (no texture folder) LD_7022.bgl......as I have been having CTD problems with this as you said SMALL scenery.

The autogens (buildings, trees and vehicles) disappearing after updating the Afcad (correct parking and up-to-date approaches) is particularly irritating.

This is why (note to self) one should never buy any new software until at least a month after release!

...so far I am not impressed.

Guys,

As the maker of this thread, I would like to express my sadness about the problems you are experiencing.

I don't own the scenery yet as it was released together with a few other great addons and I am still undecided on what to buy first.

I hope the problems will be solved soon and Thai Creation will assist simmers in patching the scenery as soon as possible.

Sorry once again if someone bought it due to my 'advert' and now feels disappointed.

Read this by Tom Gibson "

If you EVER open the airport from the BGL file (even once), it is very likely you will lose a lot more than a few buildings - never do that.

The Open Airport from BGL command is there so people can open files created by AFCAD, etc. and edit them. It is not there to open ADE BGL files. "

I am confused now. I use FS9 and have been using ADE to edit AFCADS for payware airports for a while now. I always start by "Open Airport from .bgl". I cannot see another way to do it ?

Peter

Peter Schluter

Sorry once again if someone bought it due to my 'advert' and now feels disappointed.

Feel no way Rafal, I first had a look at the approach plates and thought it would make for some fun flying challenges.

There can be a huge difference between scenery designers and their design experience.

The Koltsovo scenery which I bought not long ago was the designers first payware effort.....all I can say is I will buy future airport scenery from this chap without thinking.....really stunning work. (though he too did not update the approach codes)

This scenery while nice shows a lack of experience IMHO.

I am confused now. I use FS9 and have been using ADE to edit AFCADS for payware airports for a while now. I always start by "Open Airport from .bgl". I cannot see another way to do it ?

Peter

There is no other way that is why the scenery designer should know better than to put the autogen, flattens, objects etc etc into the Afcad......it should be a separate file.

I tried to open the ADe with LWMViewer2 but I cant make it work.

Anyway did some of you find a solution ?. I made an ILS in a seperate AFCAD file but I have problems with AI traffic as well as I would like to clear one parking spot.

Thai Creation remains quiet as he does not respond to emails. On his facebook profile I see I am not the only one.

Why does he make a scenery that is unflyable and then charge 15 EURO ?