Sign in to follow this  
Javiz

Can it be done ?...

Its not just the endless fiddling, day after day, month after month, year after year, and expense of getting FSX to satisfy, is what I cant be bothered with anymore....

...its also the overall; "experience" that always disappointments me... :Cry: ...!

I just want to fire up...and "fly!"....and enjoy the scenery, and FS 2004 has always done that for me, since day one... :dance: ...!

I am constantly switching off my FSX, and loading up my trusty FS 2004 to take me, problem-free, in familliar territory, through the day, every day!

I cant be arsed with; "messing about"...Life is far too short!... :Devil: ...!

I suspect that many of the newer FSX'rs have never experienced the joy and ease of progressing, gradually, mostly problem-free, through the previous various of the MS Flight Sims?

Paul...FS 2004...FS Navigator...LAGO FSE...+ lots of other FAB FS 2004 stuff!... :Bug: ...!

Its not just the endless fiddling, day after day, month after month, year after year

Hello

I cannot help but think some of you guys are doing something wrong regarding running FSX.

I installed it, patched it, then added the UIAutomationCore.dll fix.

From that point all I have done is added all my payware aircraft and sceneries and never fiddled with it since.

Never crashes, never has blurry scenery, never gets OOM issues, just rock solid and the performance is smoother than FS9 on the same hardware.

Cost a fortune replicating my FS9 install with new stuff for FSX but very much worth it in the end.

I fly for BAVirtual.

In FSX if i`m at EGLL (UK2000 scenery), in PMDG747, and with activesky weather I`m lucky to get 15 frames per sec.

Yeah I`ve tried all the tweaks around.

Once I`m in the air, and weather is cloudy, it drops below 10fps.

Definitely something wrong there dude. You should be getting very good performance on that rig.

Rob Prest

Definitely something wrong there dude. You should be getting very good performance on that rig.

No kidding. If I had his rig instead of getting ~26 FPS at JFK as posted in my examples, I would probably be get getting ~35 FPS. I will be interested to see what type of performance I get when I upgrade to a newer rig like what that guy has, considering I get pretty stellar performance on my old dinosaur of a computer.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am in the process of setting up WOAI traffic ( i noticed re aircraft models UT can not exactly be compared with UT2... ) Works wonderfully, models look great !

Is it possible to get rid of the FS9 default commercial AI traffic and keep the GA ? Or does that mean a lot of editting the default traffic bgl ? ( if possible at all... )

Thanks for any tips !

cheers,

jan

Jan

Is it possible to get rid of the FS9 default commercial AI traffic and keep the GA ? Or does that mean a lot of editting the default traffic bgl ? ( if possible at all... )

Well, it would take some editing, but fortunately someone already did so: I remember someone splitted the traffic030528.bgl (or whatever its name is) into commercial and GA traffic, but I don't remember where I found it. Maybe it was here at the Library.

Best regards from Colombia,

Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Perhaps this one is for you:

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - AI Flight Plans World GA Traffic ZipDive.png Download.png

File Description:

These AI flight plan files have been created as a replacement to (NOT an addition to) the default Microsoft FS2004 GA flight plans. If you already use proper AI flight plans for commercial traffic, this is ideal for you. The default flight plans, as many know, are far from realistic as traffic just flies back and forth between two airports at regular intervals throughout each 24-hour day.These replacement plans are far more realistic in that: a) Aircraft keep flying to different airports throughout the day, returning home in the evening. B) Each aircraft flies to different destinations on different days of the week, c) Evening flights are substantially reduced, d) Night flights are minimal, and e) Appropriate country-based tail numbers are used. The flights comprise a total of 25389 aircraft, flying to 5520 different airfields. There are no circuits or touch and go flights to hamper your landing. They use only the MS default aircraft and fly to and from the default GA airports in FS2004. The only vintage aircraft included in these plans are DC-3s and Piper Cubs. (File re-uploaded at the request of AVSIM)

Filename: worldga.zip License: Freeware Added: 16th February 2010 Downloads: 6461 Author: John Hinson Size: 49196kb

Thanks guys, i'll try the World GA traffic files. But that won't make the default commercial AI traffic dissapear i suppose. Tried to search for the file Luis suggests but couldn't find it here.

What if i move the FS9 default airliners out of the main FS9 folder ? Just did that and it seems to work without FS9 complaining, so far..... I now have only the beautiful WOAI airliner models appearing at most European airports. ( i used them already a few years ago when FS9 was still my main sim and kept all the zip files )

It works but i still wonder if this is the best solution to get rid of the default AI airliners...

cheers,

Jan

Jan

Jan you have to remove the default traffic file first, and replace it with the World GA file.

Then your sim will only call GA traffic.

If you just remove the airliners without first removing the default MS traffic file, the sim will:

1. Double up the calls to GA (there are now 2 traffic files), giving way too much GA, and

2. Look for airliners that aren't there, possibly causing stutters.

Alrighty !

The quarter didn't drop yet about the default traffic bgl can be replaced by World GA.... :Doh:

I just did ( and put the default airliners back ) and it's just the thing i was looking for. Really fantastic !

Thanks much for clearing that up for me, Wingz, made my day ! :smile:

Cheers,

jan

Jan

Well I just ordered fs2004 after years of trying to get good performance out of fsx on my toshiba and now my alienware. Hopefully there will continue to be software developed for fs9. I hope that I will be able to get good performance out of fs2004...

Hopefully there will continue to be software developed for fs9

Don't worry about it. At the moment there are still many many more addons for FS9 than for FSX, both freeware and payware.

Some of them are of a really high quality and value. And there are a lot of great products to be released soon for our platform of choice*.

Sure, some addons will not make it to FS9 but that does not make it a 'dead game', does it?

* Just some examples: Christian Grill (TOPCAT) Professional Flight Planner X, Aerosoft Mega Airport Dusseldorf, Aerosoft Toulouse X, Aerosoft Copenhagen X, Aerosoft Heraklion X, 29Palms Mykonos 2012, ParthenoSim Milan Linate, UK2000 Glasgow Xtreme v2, FSDG Sharm El Sheikh, Drzewiecki Design Warsaw City and EPWA, FlyTampa Montreal CYUL, FlightBeam Phoenix KPHX...

* Just some examples: Christian Grill (TOPCAT) Professional Flight Planner X, Aerosoft Mega Airport Dusseldorf, Aerosoft Toulouse X, Aerosoft Copenhagen X, Aerosoft Heraklion X, 29Palms Mykonos 2012, ParthenoSim Milan Linate, UK2000 Glasgow Xtreme v2, FSDG Sharm El Sheikh, Drzewiecki Design Warsaw City and EPWA, FlyTampa Montreal CYUL, FlightBeam Phoenix KPHX...

Thanks for informing me about these projects! I had no idea aerosoft was making Toulouse and Copenhagen for fs9. If only Pacific Island Sim made sceneris for fs9 as well. I would really love to fly from Honolulu to majuro and then Kosrae on a United (formally Continental Micronesia) route.

I had no idea aerosoft was making Toulouse and Copenhagen for fs9

A new Toulouse X for FSX is going to be released in the following days. The FS9 version is to come later (I guess it may take some weeks).

Copenhagen is being made by FlightSim Development Group (FSDG) and will be released by Aerosoft. I suspect it may happen this summer.

And of course I wouldn't mind flying to Pacific islands myself (both in FS9 and in reality!). :wink: