Hello Guys,

I sort of went off the idea of upgrading as I had a very busy period of coursework and now I have the time to re-look into it.

The PC I currently have is probably 4 years old(since I purchased it) but the technology is probably from 2007/early 2008. It's had many fantastic hours of use, I've successfully managed to run FS2004 and a heavily tweaked version of FSX dooable for the last year, but it's getting on now and clearly I need to get an upgraded computer.

Windows Vista, Nvidia 9600GT, 2.4GHZ Quad Core Q6600, 4GB DDR3 RAM and two 500GB HDDs.

My FSX

540358_10150827548333341_735173340_9593939_392377238_n.jpg

307544_10150272954323341_735173340_7755081_4782141_n.jpg

It ran FS2004 pretty neatly, and ran FSX to a standard that it was playable to an extent with okish frames and low max settings, and that was after many days of tweaking.

But it's beginning to come at the end of it's life cycle, which is not bad considering the battering I had gave it in my teen years and besides I want to go on step further and I was going to fork out almost £1500 over a period of a year or so for a new build computer, I have spoke to many people and looked at the parts they have used and the sort of performance they get.

I have just looked at building the PC, and a company on ebay that build the same ###### thing for less of the price and someone I know has already used them and brought the exact specifications that I wanted to go for.

I don't just play FSX, but I also use it for Video creation - visit my page at http://youtube.com/robbiegarrett for some of my videos. And recently I have used Photoshop, so all stuff that requires a lot of processing.

I have just had a look into there specifications and they don't seem to a 2500k for a decent price or with decent specifications, but that's not a problem if I have the money to spend on a better processor.

Intel I7 2700K 3.5Ghz, 1tb HDD, 8Gb DDR3 1333 PC10660 RAM, Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1Gb , Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard. 750W PSU

Option 1 - with just two fans, but a really nice case.

Or

Option 2 - with two extra fans, one at the front and one more extra at the side.

So what do I spend my money on?? what is more worth it, there's only £11 difference (but this could be spent on the USB data transfer cable/Windows 7)

Both do not come with Windows 7 64 BIT, so that's another thing to add to the cost. Does anyone know a good well know retailer that will sell one for as cheap as?? on ebay/amazon or in London??

These are the result of the 2600k performance....

nga879.jpg

35cprv7.jpg

I would also like to know where I can get a computer USB-USB data transfer, so I can easily transfer my stuff over to the new PC without having to spend lots of money in as little time as possible.

Kind Regards,

Robbie

Regards,
Robbie
Qualified Private Pilot - Check out my YouTube channel!  

The Grandad V2 - Prepar3D v4.5 HF2 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) | Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition | Intel i7 8700K 4.7GhZ  | Corsair H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler  | nVidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC GDDR5X | Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 RAM | 2x KIngston  240GB HyperX 3K SSD | 2TB WD  Ext SSD | Windows 10 Build 1903 Corsair RM Series 750X '80 + Gold' 750W Modular PSU | Windows 10 Build 19042

hi robbie, i'm going through the what to do next process myself, could you post a link or say who the UK company on Ebay is?

i'm having problems with deciding who i should trust with £1500 for a new build. some of the reviews i have seen on various companies are shocking.

Hello polk2,

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/freshtech_uk/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

They seem pretty decent, and my friend brought a PC with them and my build would have cost circa -£1200-£1700 if I didn't choose these guys, which I am most likely going to.

Just hopefully someone can help me decide which case/fan setup lol

Regards,
Robbie

The Grandad V2 - Prepar3D v4.5 HF2 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) | Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition | Intel i7 8700K 4.7GhZ  | Corsair H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler  | nVidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC GDDR5X | Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 RAM | 2x KIngston  240GB HyperX 3K SSD | 2TB WD  Ext SSD | Windows 10 Build 1903 Corsair RM Series 750X '80 + Gold' 750W Modular PSU | Windows 10 Build 19042

I thought Ernie came out with a new version.

Eric 

I thought Ernie came out with a new version.

Me too. This is in no way shape or form a "new Fs Build"

Hello,

I am still undecided, but the idea of building my own and from a few website that I've read on the internet. To get the most performance from FSX.

I was pretty keen on buying a PC all in one go, but I seriously don't want to spend all my hard earned money all in one go, so over a period of few months I can probably build something a lot better than the one I found on ebay and could go into the amount I want to spend. So from a little research and using this website I have found the following products, which should work pretty well together. http://jetlinesystems.com/performance.php

Using a combination of overclockers UK and ebuyer.co.uk I have managed to make an inventory for around about £1339.96 at current prices and including some of the aforementioned parts.

• Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 - Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit (This is obviously needed due to the 8GB RAM)
  • OCZ ZX Series 850W 80+ GOLD PSU Fully Modular PSU ( I decided on a more powerful PSU because of the 580 GTX, and the possibility that I can overclock the 2700k)
  • Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 Socket 1155 DVI VGA HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard (This recommended motherboard is fairly cheap and goes well with the i7 2700k according to ebuyer)
  • Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Socket 1155 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor (I have a very good look around and apparently it's one of the best CPU's around, and it's got quite modern architecture being one of the fairly recent ones, and It can be highly overclocked at a lower voltage)
  • VELOCIRAPTOR 500GB 3.5IN - 10K RPM SATA 6 GB/S 64MB CACHE IN (I have seen that the velociraptors whilst very expensive, are very good for installing FSX etc on)
  • Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CAS8 1.5V Non-ECC Unbuffered (I choose this ram because it has a fairly good CAS)
  • Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two V3 Gaming Case ( I will likely buy this straight away, (It's got very good reviews and comes with an advanced cooling system with 1 rear 120mm led blue exaust fan, a top 200mm TriCool blue led exaust fan. 2 front 120mm blue led fans and for £93 it's not a bad bargain, and also comes with a space for a side 120 x 25mm fan mount.)
  • 2 x StarTech.com SATA Serial ATA Cable 0.3m Red (These I guess are for the HDD/SDDs)
  • OCZ 240GB Agility 3 2.5" SATA-III SSD - Read 525MB/s Write 500MB/s 80,000 IOPS (Still undecided what SDD to go for, but this one has just come out and looks the dogs B*****cks!)
  • PNY Geforce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5 DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card (Found this quite cheaply on overclockers more so than ebuyer, so definately one to get as it's a very good GPU)
  • BeQuite Dark Rock Advanced CPU Cooler (This was recommended above, so I will take that one so long as it fits in the case)

One question I have is, is there anything I am missing?? I don't have enough to buy this all in one go... but over the rest of May I can probably purchase the case, motherboard and CPU as well as the power supply. With June/July purchasing the rest, and with the Olympics coming up I should have a little bit more money as I wont be going flying in such restricted airspace real world. Will be an interesting time, but what do you think??

Regards,
Robbie

what do you think??

Looks good.

I would pick a Corsair TX 750 or 850 for the PSU instead (or HX 750 if you want it modular), and a Crucial M4 for the SSD

Avoid the OCZ PSU's in my experience. Mine died after about 10 months and took the motherboard with it

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427