Sign in to follow this  
navtech

Shocking News … Break in at Turbine Sound Studios

Wow, this is why back ups should NEVER be located next to your working gear, and preferably offsite. 3, 2, 1 back up strategy: 3 copies, 2 on separate media, 1 offsite. For my personal data I have 2 external drives that I rotate once a week to the fireproof safe at my work. I am starting to utilize cloud storage, but I still like to know I can get my hands on physical backup media.

For a business, especially a dev house, there is no excuse for not having some redundant storage, especially with all the cloud storage option available.

The guys at Pixar learned the hard way too:

[media=]

[/media]

Well, if anyone knows this tale, it is us here at Avsim after the site got hacked and destroyed, so, as people generously offered when Avsim's file library went 'poof!', if TSS want copies of either the TSS-Airbus_A300_CF6_FSX sounds, or the TSS-Boeing777GE-90soundFSX sounds, or the TSS CFM 56 737 NG 800 sounds, then I'll be happy to send them to the guys, because I have those ones.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have the TSS CT7-9B SAAB 340 sounds (beautiful sounds, BTW), and I would be happy to send TSS copies.

hamoody

Well, if anyone knows this tale, it is us here at Avsim after the site got hacked and destroyed, so, as people generously offered when Avsim's file library went 'poof!', if TSS want copies of either the TSS-Airbus_A300_CF6_FSX sounds, or the TSS-Boeing777GE-90soundFSX sounds, or the TSS CFM 56 737 NG 800 sounds, then I'll be happy to send them to the guys, because I have those ones.

Al

It is interesting that you bring that up Al... John and I will in Washington on the weekend (yes, you are correct... we will be sacrificing our Memorial Day Weekend) to install our new backup hardware at our Network Operating Center (NOC). In order to get the scale of the hardware correct, we had to do an inventory of data on our existing machines.... files, forums, articles, reviews, everything came in at just shy of 8 terabytes. It is a guarded, halon protected facility, so, arsonists won't be an issue. The NOC has been through hurricanes, an earthquake or two and of course, survived a visit or two by John. The only thing that causes us to loose sleep at night is someone pulling the wrong circuit breaker. :Nail Biting:

Hope they can get back to business soon.

That is the lowest of the lowest!!

I was robbed several years ago, and can certainly empathize!!

I can also help, as I have purchased several of the TSS sound packages.

I also have a number of them but I imagine Simmarket has all of them that are currently for sale. I know I can go to my account at Simmarket and re-download almost everything I have ever purchased from them (196 products over 9 years).

I think TSS is more concerned with the loss of their equipment and raw recordings/data and not their released products.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

This really winds me up. Stealing at any point is horrible, but stealing the resources that others use to make an honest living, is just disgusting.

I have really had a lot of reason to backup myself lately. First I thought I lost one memory stick, then another failed losing around £20 of work that I was to be paid for. And then my laptop breaks which I have just received to pry out the hard drive before it gets sent to be replaced. Think I might buy a drobo S with the money I have left over from my summer builds.