Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Which aircraft would you like to see interfaced in the future

Cheeky I realise ... but getting in first ... the iFly 747-400 to be released shortly for FS9, FSX and (later) P3D.    :rolleyes:

Very nice, would be a first. Unreleased planes, haha. :lol:

Do you know if they will offer a SDK like on their 737? Could help with the process, maybe they can already send it to Gerald.

I'd be surprised if an SDK isn't offered CoolP, however iFly have a (happy) tendency to do release things unexpectedly and in a rush.  Most probably the SDK will be available upon release or perhaps concurrently with the first patch/service pack/feature release ... your choice.   :rolleyes:

I suspect this will be a commercial success given it encompasses all platforms and the competitor is still months/year(s) away from release.  :unsure:

FS++ were quick to support the iFly 737NG and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gerald had already made contact with the powers that be.  Gerald,  are you listening?   :LMAO:

Gerald is always listening. :BigGrin:

I think you might be right with the SDK at product start. Wait, on their 737 it was available sooner since I recall getting FS2Crew even before they started selling the plane. And the FS2Crew program was dependant on the SDK. So if they happen to perform the same stunt on the 747, all devs might get access even before the plane arrives in the shops. Would be nice.

Still flying the old 747 (PMDG) at times since MCE offers complete support for it. Very handy and ahead of any competition.

Gerald, mate, good buddy, respect etc.  ...  not trying to entice you into breaking NDA's.

Appliance, are you also over on the iFly forums? Make sure to ask for the SDK release and maybe the date. It would be totally ok if they just answer that things will happen as on their 737.

not trying to entice you into breaking NDA's.

There is no NDA, nor any contact for that matter.

We don't try to cosy up to select aircraft builders and get them to add a button that would start our app, suggesting we are officially annoited by them. :P Only to betray them later by going to bed with their competitor. :P  :P

Will patiently wait for release. And then...

If SDK available, you'll have the crew within 3 weeks or less.

If no SDK, probably within 2 months anyway.

The voice and speech reco side is ready, since we already support PMDG 777-400. It's just a matter of connecting FO to the iFly switches and doing some testing.

There is no NDA, nor any contact for that matter.

Ok, thats confirmation of how I understood FS++ to work, relying on past communications in this forum. 

Thanks for clearing that up Gerald.

It is my understanding that iFly will issue an SDK.

Excellent.

That means less time to spend on it, and more available for others that don't have SDK, like Razbam.

In my case Gerald I do all my prep work/preflight in the 2D cockpit, for convenience, however during pushback I move to the virtual cockpit, for sitrep and TrackIR usage, and there I stay until shutdown.  

We are pleased to report that the tough PSS 777 nut has been chewed.

No need to worry whether you are in VC or 2D cockpit.

It's seamless integration now. Full voice control on a par with what we did with PMDG 777. That includes interactive ECL in VC and the lot.

Enjoy

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

PS: Make sure you run the wizard at least once, so the pre-made scripts for the PSS 777 are copied to relevant folders.

Excellent Gerald.  And thank you. 

I have taken the liberty of providing a heads-up thread in the FS2004 forum here in AVSIM.  <_<

Excellent Gerald.  And thank you. 

I have taken the liberty of providing a heads-up thread in the FS2004 forum here in AVSIM.  <_<

You're welcome.

Thanks for spreading the word.

Hope you enjoy it

Thank you (FS++) for your interest This is good news, but keep in mind the difference between fs9(pss777) and fsx(cs777) because the two completely different systems
Thank you

It's now done.

Check out the Avsim news.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/pr-ann/mce-for-pmdg-777-and-pss-777-r2620

PMDG 777 was actually interfaced 3 months ago, including ECL handling. It's the PSS 777 (FS9) for which suppport has just been added in the last few days. It took much much longer than any other aircraft to work out without SDK.