Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

WOAI installer problems

I would have posted on their forums, but they seem dead. And I do believe that the source of most wisdom in the FS9 world is here.

Here's the problem. With my old comp, Win XP, FS9 in default prog files/MS games, the WOAI auto installer just worked.

Now I'm on Win 7 64 bit and have installed FS9 into it's own folder. Most other auto installer probs find this without trouble and just install hassle free.

But I can't get the WOAI auto installer to work. I start it as Admin, select my WOAI package, it shows MS FS9 (I haven't installed FSX yet), I hit install, agree to their terms, it runs. And then things get wierd. It puts the scenery/world/scenery/thing into a scenery file on my /c disk - where FS9 is, in it's own file, immaginatively named 'flightsim'. There are no WOAI aircraft in the FS9 aircraft folder - nor anywhere else I can find. And obviously nothing shows up when I start FS. Trying to uninstall causes the installer prog to get confused and eventually crash.

I can manually install. And have done this with one package. But would prefer to use the auto installer in case I would ever like to delete a package easily.

Any thoughts? No doubt it's just me doing something spectaculary stupid. With the new system I am starting to suffer a little from 'reinstallation fatigue' - as Ryan from PMDG will testify ;-) So perhaps my small brain has crashed.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Gavin, have you installed any traffic manually?

Anyway try to delete (move somewhere else) the file called WOAIDATA and let the installer rebuild a new one.

If that does not help make sure you run both the WOAIInstaller and the TTools.exe as an administrator (right muse click menu).

And one more thing: do you have NET.Framework installed in your system?

Thanks, will try all that this PM. I run everything now as administrator. Yes, NET.Framework 4.

Yes, I put LOT in manually without any problem.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)