Sign in to follow this  

Anyone try them out or have any thoughts on how they might perform on a GTX 285? Things are running smoothly for me now and don't want to fix something that ain't broke if these new drivers don't help with older cards. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Interesting for me as I am having issues even though all nvidia settings remained the same when using the beta version of these drivers. I am using UsePools=0 and Highmemfix. I am now getting flashes and tearing. It is very smooth though. So I never tried this before. In Nvidia Inspector I moved from High Quality to Quality and set texture filtering trilinear optimization on and set fsx from ansio to trilinear in the fsx UI.

For my old eyes, I could not tell one bit of difference in texture quality. I was able to increase my cloud coverage from high to max, but lowered the water to one notch below high which was there to prevent flashes and tearing on the older drivers. Tearing and flashing is gone and I have increased my frames 2-3 and all is working well. Still set at 1/2 refresh rate and locked at 30 in-game. Also I do not have the shimmering of some of the airport buildings due to the reduced load (apparently) in my video card.

Just a thought for those that may be having a few issues. You tell me if you can tell the difference between using quality rather than high quality and using trilinear in FSX vs Anisio.

Bob

Bob

Anyone try them out or have any thoughts on how they might perform on a GTX 285? Things are running smoothly for me now and don't want to fix something that ain't broke if these new drivers don't help with older cards. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Bob, I'm finding a definite advantage on my GTX260, much smoother and fluid. Worth a shot!

Cheers

Larry

Just a thought for those that may be having a few issues. You tell me if you can tell the difference between using quality rather than high quality and using trilinear in FSX vs Anisio.

Bob, with my 57 year young eyes i don't see a difference between quality and high quality and a minor one between anisio and trilinear, but since framerate and smoothness are the same for me i use high and anisio.

Cheers.

They're fine for my GTX 280. May actually be some improvement in texture loading though it's too early to tell. Certainly no problems so far.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I actually see a 5 FPS improvement in my Aerosoft F16 NYC test flight that I run. FSX is locked at 30 FPS and overall the sim just seems to run better, FPS seems to stay a lot closer to the lock of 30 FPS than with my old 270.61's.

All of my heavy duty payware aircraft works great except the ES CX750. After I went from 270.61 to 301.42 I started getting graphic corruption in the VC. If I toggle from windowed mode to full screen it clears the corruption up, I then toggle back to windowed mode and it is fine for another 60 to 120 minutes. Right now since this is the only problem I have encountered I am going to stick with 301.42.

Hey guys. Maybe one of you gurus can help me out. I have seen this before and the only option was to revert back to previous version of nvidia drivers. So I have a evga gtx480. I install the new 301.42's nd then later when I try an run fsx a screen pops up right away say something sbout my video card isn't good enough and I should at least have an nvidia8800 or ati something. Obviously I have at least an 8800. Anyone able to help me out? Thanks!

i am running 301.24 drivers for my GTX280M with great results using the new 1/2 vsync built in option and limiting within FSX to 30 as Word Not Allowed and others have said to do....

should I bother upgrading again to another driver? I was still amazed the 301.24 were available for my aging 280M but they worked awesome...

This is the first time I installed a new NV driver w/o uninstalling/cleaning the prior driver. Is this considered the right approach nowadays, i.e. not to uninstall the former driver?

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

301.42 drivers are faster for me in FSX compared to previous drivers, though my 3dmark scores have dropped off quite a bit (as some other users have reported also). I'll take the FSX performance though, thank you.

Guys

Would be great for me to have some ideas of good or better perfect settings in nvida inspector for GTX590.

Thanx!

Peter Frey

LSZH