Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird 217

Nordic Expedition 4: SAS 4409 – TOS to OSL

Here's a few shots from my ongoing tour through Norway. This leg was from Tromso in the North to the capital Oslo on SAS B737-800.

For the full report check out my blog: Nordic Expedition 4: SAS 4409 – TOS to OSL

YAFSS_6915.jpg

YAFSS_6920.jpg

YAFSS_6923.jpg

YAFSS_6952.jpg

YAFSS_7014.jpg

The city of Oslo

YAFSS_7079.jpg

YAFSS_7110.jpg

YAFSS_7139.jpg

YAFSS_7154.jpg

YAFSS_7156.jpg

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Nice shots! I'm currently flying in Sweden, next week going back up North within the Arctic Circle. These shots capture the general feel of Scandinavia pretty well. I actually caught that exact Boeing 737-800 last monday at Stockholm Arlanda:

Edited by Superpilotv2
picture in subsequent post

Great trip report, Max. Lots of great places to fly in Scandinavia.

John G.

Beautifull shots!!

Cheers!

Thanks everybody!

I actually caught that exact Boeing 737-800 last monday at Stockholm Arlanda

Great picture, what a coincidence!

My last flight was to Longyearbyen (northernmost airport with scheduled service) in the sim, so I just got back from the Arctic Circle.

great how beautiful fs2004 can look although its almost 10 years old!

You're right. The flight before this one was in FSX (because FS9 didn't let me fly as far North as Spitsbergen without acting crazy), and apart from the water, higher-res textures (for example the HD VC of the NGX) and more autogen, it's not really that much of a difference. Most of this stuff is not really noticeable at all during an IFR-flight.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

fsx? you should use the ngx then, its a huge difference to the ifly 737

It was just this one time. I'll stick with good 'ole FS9 for the moment.

And while the NGX indeed is a great bird, the iFly is fantastic too. Apart from the higher resolution VC there really isn't that much of a difference between the two.

Max

]Edited by Superpilotv2, Today, 12:56 AM.[/b]

picture in subsequent post

Sorry about that, forgotten that rule.

Great picture, what a coincidence!

My last flight was to Longyearbyen (northernmost airport with scheduled service) in the sim, so I just got back from the Arctic Circle.

It's quite weird, spending some time up there. At this time of year you can look out the window at 01:00 and find that it's actually lighter outside then it was at 23:00. It just doesn't get dark. I just had a long flying day, from 14:00 until arriving at the hotel at 3:00 local time, and I haven't seen night yet, just the sun dipping behind the horizon for a little while before coming back :-P. Really takes some getting used to, and then to imagine how it must be even farther up north.

It's quite weird, spending some time up there. At this time of year you can look out the window at 01:00 and find that it's actually lighter outside then it was at 23:00. It just doesn't get dark. I just had a long flying day, from 14:00 until arriving at the hotel at 3:00 local time, and I haven't seen night yet, just the sun dipping behind the horizon for a little while before coming back :-P. Really takes some getting used to, and then to imagine how it must be even farther up north.

Wait, so you're going there for real? :biggrin:

I thought you were talking about you sim-flights.

My northernmost real travel was to Bergen last month. They already sold postcards of the sun "bouncing"-off the horizon, instead of going down completely. A friend told me that you only have to drive 1 hour North from Bergen to witness that. I imagine it's hard to sleep in the summer, with the sun never going down...

Max

Nice shots.Love#2

nebojsa

Great shots :).. Enjoy your stay in my wonderfull country :)

cheers

Wait, so you're going there for real?

I thought you were talking about you sim-flights.

Yes, for real, haha. I've started a job about a month and a half ago for a company that has several routes in Sweden. Most are government funded to keep those regions easily reachable. For instance, a leg that takes us only 8 minutes by plane is a 55 minute drive. One of them is just above the arctic circle, about 200km north of that imaginary line.

Outstanding FS9 shots...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Really Nice!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick