Sign in to follow this  
WR269

MCE hints and tips

I realise this is an incredibly versatile program, does not need you to repeat the same phrases like a recorded announcement to make things work.

For this very reason, there are lots of ways of doing things.

I thought we could start a thread in which we could add what "finds" we have made which make this program tick.

I will start by saying a "must"... Go into the checklist tab, and select the appropriate checklist for your aircraft, dont leave it at generic, specially if you want to use the program with the NGX or the Wilco A320/321.

For the NGX, select the PMDG NGX checklist, or the scripts wont work.

If you have AES or GSX, find your mce.ini file, in it you will find the entry "groundservices=native" this is the default setting, which means it will use FSX services.

Simply change "native" to either AES or GSX and presto, you no longer need to specifically call either program. As soon as you start MCE, it will engage ground services and you can control either program via MCE's voice control.

Good thread. :smile:

Lets see, I think this one is still valid. If you want your FO to NOT listen when you press PTT push to talk (e.g. for online ATC or VoxATC or whatever), you set

UseWithVoxATC=1

in the mce.ini at AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience.

So when you press the button, the FO won't listen to everything you say, means that speaking about altitudes and frequencies while pressing the PTT won't mix him up.

Not my discovery though, but surely useful.

If you want to stop the FO from 'nagging' permanently:

Open mce.ini in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\mce.ini (your system must be set to show hidden files and folders)

Change "DisableNagging=0" to "DisableNagging=1" save the file.

When in a GA aircraft, make sure you uncheck the 'callouts and monitoring on the 'generals' tab of the MCE iinterface tab. This will also stop the FO from 'nagging', but you can still use him

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

The NGX uses SDk for comms, once you enter v speeds on the FMS, MCE will read the values and make the callouts.

For all other a/c, simply tell tour FO:

"Takeoff V1 is XXX" and you will be asked to confirm, reply with Yes, Affirm, etc

Do the same for VR and V2

You can also tell the FO destination and runway in use

Something else to note, if you use the F/O:

Starting from version 2.4.8.6, as soon as at least one engine is running, FO won't switch off any of these without confirmation.

Autopilot OFF

Autothrottle disarm

FD one off

FD two off

Switching items ON doesn't require confirmation.

Also, no need for confirmation when no engine is running.

Good morning, everyone! It's the Ol' Blackbird, from sunny southern NH, USA.......

Don't know if this is of any value, per se.......but......

If you own any of the great TTS voices from Ivona or ATT or Cepstral, etc., you can assign the same voice to BOTH MCE and VoxATC. What this does is eliminate that "annoyance" of having 2 different F.O. voices (this just occured to me the other day - DUH!)

To me this increases the realism factor (IMHO).

That's it!!

All best,

Ray L. (Blackbird)

Good tip there Ray, especially if people are using both MCE and VoxATC. (Hmmm; might need to look into VoxATC....off to do some research :Nerd:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thanks, "Alpha"....... you know, I use both Vox and RC4, and I like both programs very much (btw, I am not a real world pilot) - I would be hard pressed to pick a "winner". The latest version of VoxATC (v 6.6) is outstanding.

That being said, I think I have said somewhere else on these Forums that the "Meatwater" pre-recorded AI Pilot voices and chatter in RC4 make that program (overall) just a bit more immersive (again, IMHO). Both programs provide great "bang for the buck", though, and add much value to FSX - just like MCE.

If I may add one more tidbit here......(again, something I just discovered)........ when using RC4, I just found out I can tell Trav (or whomever is my F.O.) to "Tune Ground on Com 1", or "Tune Tower on VHF 1", etc., and MCE will dial in the appropriate frequency - I don't have to tell him (or her) the numbers. AMAZING!! Likewise, on the way into an airport, I can ask Trav what the ILS frequency is for a particular runway......he knows!!!

Every day I am truly amazed at MCE and what it can do.

Thanks......

Best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

P.S. - thanks to you Alpha, also, for posting the "useful info about MCE". Great stuff!

No Problem Ray,

Yep, Telling Travis to tune to 'ground' etc is very good. I have a question for you as a VoxAtc user. Does it work with Ultimate Traffic 2 OK?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi again, Alpha....... though it's been a while since i've used UT2 (I went back to Traffic X), if I recall correctly, VoxATC worked just fine with UT2.

However, you must go into Vox's settings and turn their traffic generator to ZERO, or else you'll have more traffic than you know what to do with!!! Haaa haa!! Vox adds their traffic to whatever other traffic you already have.

Personally, I do it the other way around when using Vox. I go into my FSX.cfg and turn the Traffic X traffic to zero, and let Vox generate my traffic - does a great job for me.

Good luck!!

Best,

Ray L. (Blackbird)

Wow!!! That is expensive!!! I use the U.S. version..... much less expensive. But I guess if you want to fly in Europe (I see you are from the UK), then it will be more expensive. Yikes! Good luck with your decision making!

Best,

Ray L (Blackbird)

What....this must be the most expensive addon, ever

http://www.flightsto...gn=froogle#3290

That's 131USD...Just%20Kidding.gif , never going to happen here, anyway

You should buy direct, which is half the price. http://www.voxatc.co...e.aspx/Register

Registration costs £44.99
There is a £20.0 discount for version 5 registered users.

I don't know why the other store is that expensive. The UK addition (I don't have it) can't be that important and flying in Europe works fine.

For all those people who want the FO to preform more actions simultaneously; this only applies to 'switch flipping and there is a minimum of 2 seconds between 2 consecutive requests.

Add this options somewhere in the [speech] section of the ine file:

MaxConcurrentTasks=6

When option is missing it defaults to 4.

You can set values from 3 to 10.

Make sure you are running version 2.4.9.4

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image