Sign in to follow this  
WR269

MCE hints and tips

MaxConcurrentTasks=6 (and up to 10 - wow!)

Very cool!!!

How do you come up with this stuff?

Thanks, Clive!!!

All Best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

P.S. - Thought I was gonna have time to check out the new F.O. voice - hasn't been possible today......."Life happening!!" Haaa haaa!!!

P.S.S. - I sooooo hope MCE will eventually be able to totally interface with both Aerosoft's new version of its Airbus (when it comes out next month), as well as the upcoming PMDG 777. Maybe even FSLabs Airbus - but I think we still have a while to wait on that one. Thanks in advance, FS++!!!!!

:Whistle: :rolleyes:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

MaxConcurrentTasks=6 (and up to 10 - wow!)

Very cool!!!

Thanks, Clive!!!

All Best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

P.S. - Thought I was gonna have time to check out the new F.O. voice - hasn't been possible today......."Life happening!!" Haaa haaa!!!

P.S.S. - I sooooo hope MCE will eventually be able to totally interface with both Aerosoft's new version of its Airbus (when it comes out next month), as well as the upcoming PMDG 777. Maybe even FSLabs Airbus - but I think we still have a while to wait on that one. Thanks in advance, FS++!!!!!

I hear you Blackbird! The good thing about MCE is they dont need an SDK to integrate, they are pretty knowledgable in C++ and the FSX SDK.

But if either of the releases comes with an SDK, basically does all the programming for you, so it is just about a given.

I believe the new Aerosoft Airbus, FSLabs and the PMDG birds will all come with an SDK!

New tip - backup your Windows speech training profile! We spend alot of time on voice training to get good results, would hate to lose all that work if you have to reinstall or lose a hard disk.

1. Get the tool to backup your profile from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=16296

I have tried this backup tool on Windows 7 64bit, I don't know the procedure for XP etc.

2. Run WSRProfile.exe

3. Pick the profile (should usually be default), and backup to a safe location. I save mine into my Dropbox folder which gets uploaded to the net automatically.

You'll know if you picked the wrong profile because the file output will be too small, it should be over 10mb and much bigger if you've done lots of training. Mine is sitting at 200mb now filled with my strong Aussie accented phrases that Anna struggled to understand :)

Good morning, Dan W (and everyone!).......the Ol' Blackbird is here - just for a second.

Dan - great tip - thank you! I neve knew we could do that kind of backup.

I just back up my whole C: Drive - with Acronis True Image. I have version 11 - it works amazingly well - has never failed me. Been using it now for several years.

But - I like the idea of also backing up just the speech training.....so, thanks!

Have a great day, everyone! I'm off to a baby shower.....wish I was flying there, but, alas.....I'm driving.

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

If you want to set the speech recognition sensibility, insert this in  [sPEECH], mce.ini

ConfidenceLevel=100

Set to  "0" the sensibility is very low, if you set it to "100" the speech recognition have to lisen the exact words for trigger the actions.

If you do not have this value in your [sPEECH] options, then is set by default to "50".

You can play with it if you have recognition problems.

Hi all...I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere. I've been using MCE for some time but never tried to control the FS Menus with it. I'm trying to make that work but I can't seem to find exactly what to say to activate the menus. I've been guessing with phrases like "FS menu Aircraft" or "menu World" but this is beyond my guessing ability. Does anyone know what to say to MCE to activate the FS menus?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Hi all...I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere. I've been using MCE for some time but never tried to control the FS Menus with it. I'm trying to make that work but I can't seem to find exactly what to say to activate the menus. I've been guessing with phrases like "FS menu Aircraft" or "menu World" but this is beyond my guessing ability. Does anyone know what to say to MCE to activate the FS menus?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Unlike FS9 menu, FSX menu isn't a standard Windows menu, and I believe voice control for that specific element is lacking.

You could sort of get the menu going with "Aircraft menu" command, then when menu has the focus, say "down", "down" until item is highlighted, then "Enter" to select it. But that's tedious to be honest.

Instead, we have built many commands that would select menu items directly as if you clicked them.

Assuming you have feature "User voice control" is enabled in "General tab" and option "Dialog boxes" is ticked in <Sim> tab, you could say

Display time and season dialog

When the FSX dialog window appears, speak the items labels to select them, and "OK" to validate or "cancel" to dismiss the changes.

Example "time of day night" to select night time flight. "season spring", followed by "OK" will get the time and season change

Commands for interacting with dialog buttons and list boxes are only available when MCE switches to DIALOG MODE.

Other invoking commands.

Show weather dialog

Show go to airport dialog.

Show select flight dialog.

Show flight planner dialog.

Show navigation log dialog.

Show flight log dialog.

Show realism settings dialog.

Show system failures dialog.

Show scenery library dialog.

Show instant replay dialog.

Show flight video dialog.

Show flight analysis dialog.

Show keyboard assignments dialog.

Show view options dialog.

Show general settings dialog.

Show display settings dialog.

Show sound settings dialog.

Show map dialog.

Show fuel dialog.

Show logbook dialog.

In commands above, you get more variations by replacing "Show" with "Display", "Open", "bring-up" and replacing "dialog" with "window" or "screen".

Using the power built into Voxscript, instead of memorizing these commands, you could create new elaborate commands, such as "set me up for night time flight", then as part of the script...

show time and season dialog

pause=5

time of day night

ok

Suggest you enable "Require confirmation" so it doesn't trigger by accident.

You then invoke the command "set me up for night time flight" (or anything you want to use as the trigger sentence) and FSX would be set accordingly, without you clicking anything.

Another example. Let;'s say your favorite hub is KJFK, and often starting from there. Could have a custom command such as "take me to my home airport", then as part of the script...

open go to airport window

by airport id

kilo julliett foxtrot kilo

pause=2

ok

...and you should be warped there. Again you don't want that to happen by accident, therefore secure the script so it requires confirmation first.

I am guessing you need these mainly for the Rift or other VR systems, as the menus are extremely hard to read.

Besides the commands above, be aware, there are built-in commands to relocate aircraft in FSX. They all require confirmation (TTS voice prompt). Example. 

Position aircraft at Echo Golf Lima Lima runway two seven right (to set you up at Heathrow runway 27L)

Position aircraft at Echo Golf Lima Lima gate bravo two (to get to specific gate which must exist)

Position aircraft at Echo Golf Lima Lima (to simply get to the airport default location)

Thanks very much for your help Gerald. This was very helpful and worked as you said. I see now how to work with menus by voice. Thanks again...Bob.

From another thread:

To deactivate the automatic greetings by the GSX ramp agent (useful for small GA aircaft where you don't want / need ground services) add this to the MCE.ini:

[RAMP]

NoGreeting=1