Sign in to follow this  
deadsix

Why the GE90-115B and not the GE90-110B1

The 777-200LR is the first product to be released and I was wondering why the GE-90-110B1 was not being modeled first but the GE-90-115B was. I know that the 77W is coming next but won't 77L flight model be a little off with the larger engines?

The 777-200LR is the first product to be released and I was wondering why the GE-90-110B1 was not being modeled first but the GE-90-115B was. I know that the 77W is coming next but won't 77L flight model be a little off with the larger engines?

It's an Airline choice but most Airlines take the 110B. I guess it helps PMDG bring the 77W faster, which I'm personally perfectly okay with!

Becuase PMDG wants to develop that engine type?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Thanks for the link but why does every other source I've read about the 77L talk about the 110B1's?

It's an Airline choice but most Airlines take the 110B. I guess it helps PMDG bring the 77W faster, which I'm personally perfectly okay with!

Thank you, will the 115B bring any inprovements?

Thanks for the link but why does every other source I've read about the 77L talk about the 110B1's?

Thank you, will the 115B bring any inprovements?

As others have said most airlines have taken the 110B1 option (it's cheaper). However, it is possible to use the 115B engines as well. Remember that the 115B and 110B1 are effectively the same engine, the only difference is the software. The increased thrust results in better hot and high performance, which can be important depending on where the aircraft is operating. That is why airlines such as Iberia use A340-600 aircraft in places such as Quito. The extra thrust does not increase certified MTOW.

I wonder if it'll be an engine option such as the ngx where the max thrust is degraded to 110

I wonder if it'll be an engine option such as the ngx where the max thrust is degraded to 110

Do you mean a flex temp derate and/or fixed derate (TO-1, TO-2, etc) in the FMC? If that is what you meant then yes. The 777 FMC is very similar to the 737NG FMC so it will have that option.

Do you mean a flex temp derate and/or fixed derate (TO-1, TO-2, etc) in the FMC? If that is what you meant then yes. The 777 FMC is very similar to the 737NG FMC so it will have that option.

No, I know it'll have that regardless. I meant that I believe that on the NGX you can choose the 26K or 27K option in the airplane setup in the FMC or something like that. I may be wrong though

No, I know it'll have that regardless. I meant that I believe that on the NGX you can choose the 26K or 27K option in the airplane setup in the FMC or something like that. I may be wrong though

The NGX does have a 27K thrust bump as you said, however, as far as I know the 777 has no such option.

The NGX does have a 27K thrust bump as you said, however, as far as I know the 777 has no such option.

I don't mean changing to thrust setting for takeoff, I mean the option in the remove staircases, add eyebrows; that sort of thing. The engine would be the same, just the max power option would be 110K

As others have said most airlines have taken the 110B1 option (it's cheaper). However, it is possible to use the 115B engines as well. Remember that the 115B and 110B1 are effectively the same engine, the only difference is the software. The increased thrust results in better hot and high performance, which can be important depending on where the aircraft is operating. That is why airlines such as Iberia use A340-600 aircraft in places such as Quito. The extra thrust does not increase certified MTOW.

Thank you this makes sense, so the 115B and the 110B1 burn the same fuel during cruise?

Haha! Luke I'm pretty sure that if its got anything to do with the 777, you would be happy!