Sign in to follow this  
deadsix

Why the GE90-115B and not the GE90-110B1

Haha! Luke I'm pretty sure that if its got anything to do with the 777, you would be happy!

I'm guessing some people on the forum have seen my love for the 777 and is definitely very evident ha! The 77W is probably what I'm most looking forward too, apart from getting the base pack of course ;)

Thank you this makes sense, so the 115B and the 110B1 burn the same fuel during cruise?

Fuel burn during cruise should be the same given the same conditions.

I'm guessing some people on the forum have seen my love for the 777 and is definitely very evident ha! The 77W is probably what I'm most looking forward too, apart from getting the base pack of course ;)

You'd have to be blind to not see you love the T7. Nothing wrong with that though. I'm almost there myself.

Can't wait for the -200LR. 9000-10000 nm sounds pretty good.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I don't mean changing to thrust setting for takeoff, I mean the option in the remove staircases, add eyebrows; that sort of thing. The engine would be the same, just the max power option would be 110K

Not sure. That would be a Ryan question.

No, I know it'll have that regardless. I meant that I believe that on the NGX you can choose the 26K or 27K option in the airplane setup in the FMC or something like that. I may be wrong though

Its been a while since I flew in FSX, but I do not recall engine rating was part of the options in the FMC. The engine ratings did change between varients, but that is the extent of it.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I will ask about the engines - very seriously doubt the 110s will be specifically modeled though - the 115s are what are on the 300ER and the freighter and it just makes sense to not spend a bunch of time modelling two different extremely similar engines.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I will ask about the engines - very seriously doubt the 110s will be specifically modeled though - the 115s are what are on the 300ER and the freighter and it just makes sense to not spend a bunch of time modelling two different extremely similar engines.

Actually the 777F is only available with the GE90-110B1L. The 777-200LR is available with either the GE90-110B1 or GE90-115B1, and finally the 777-300ER is only available with GE90-115B1 engines. All this is available in document "777-200LR/-300ER/-Freighter Airplane Characteristics for Airport Planning" on page 6. Here is a screenshot:

screenshot20120529at104.png

Edit: For anyone who is interested here is a nice read about the GE90 (link).

Since the 777f is in essence a redesigned 777-200LR, I don't see why the 115B wouldn't be available. I think it's just not in the Airport Planning manual because no airline ordered it so far, so it's nothing anybody has to account for.

- Agreed.

Someone said earlier that the only difference was software. What are the software differences. I thought it would just be a de-rate?

Since the 777f is in essence a redesigned 777-200LR, I don't see why the 115B wouldn't be available. I think it's just not in the Airport Planning manual because no airline ordered it so far, so it's nothing anybody has to account for.

Not true. I checked the EASA type certification data sheet (link) and it clearly states that the only engine certified for the 777F is the GE90-110B1. For the 777-200LR it says that either engine can be used. So theoretically Boeing could have the 777F certified for use with the -115B1 variant but they have not.

Did not know that, thanks!

Actually the 777F is only available with the GE90-110B1L. The 777-200LR is available with either the GE90-110B1 or GE90-115B1, and finally the 777-300ER is only available with GE90-115B1 engines. All this is available in document "777-200LR/-300ER/-Freighter Airplane Characteristics for Airport Planning" on page 6. Here is a screenshot:

screenshot20120529at104.png

Edit: For anyone who is interested here is a nice read about the GE90 (link).

I don't think PMDG would make a mistake like this, they are talking to Boeing who builds the planes. Look at wiki to, it shows both engines for the 77F. Look here http://www.boeing.com/commercial/777family/pf/pf_freighter_product.html it is from boeings website and it shows both engines.

I did some more research and some things are a bit contradictory. So the FAA type certificate confirms that some variant of 115B is certified for the 777F (link), in addition to the 110B version. However, the EASA site says that only a 110B variant is certified. I looked around to see if I could find any operator using the 115B on the 777F and I drew a blank. All the airlines I checked use the 110B. Those that I checked include FedEx, AeroLogic, Southern Air, and Emirates. There are a few more who operate the type such as China Southern, LAN Cargo, and Qatar Airways, but I could not get clear data. As lots of information is conflicting the only data I accepted as valid was either from the FAA n number database or from the airline itself.