Sign in to follow this  
runfmee

Two aerocaches today

The red and white Harbor Control tower on Ford Island was a daily at one point. I got it when it first appeared and it did not come back. None if the dailys I got previously gave returned; just ones I know I missed.

• Ala Wai Harbor (Honolulu)
  • Makai pier (NE Oahu)
  • Red/White tower on Ford Island
  • eastern end of Bradshaw field (big island)
  • Heeia pier Northern coast Oahu (SSW Kanehoe MCAF)
  • Bridge of Waimea beach (NW Oahu)

all increment my aerocache count

I just collected 4 of them. Red/White tower and Waimea bridge did not show up for me, but i know i collected them earlier.

None of them is listed on the aerocache website, so they all might be previous daily caches.

Either its a bug, or all yet uncollected previous daily caches are still collectable, just without the circle range hint thingy via ac hunt ?

Would be great to have a list of all previous daily caches ...

I'm beginning to wonder if MS has opened all the aerocaches to date plus adding new ones. I'm up to 116 now and still finding new (to me) random cashes as well. Back when they were running 2 aerocaches a day, there were days when I didn't have the time to get one or even both. All of a sudden, there popping up here and there. Spent the morning hunting down all the sites mentioned in this post and came up with only 2 sites (Waimea Bridge and the small boat harbor in Honolulu). I toured the entire north shore of Oahu from Bellows to Dillingham, and found a new one in between hangers 1 and 2 at the south end of Kaneohe Bay (MCAF).

Last week I stumbled across 2 within 5 miles of Dillingham. One was at a satelite tracking station to the south of PHDH and the other on top of a 4000 ft. plateau with a lighted comm. tower (heading @ 130 degrees from PHDH). My memory is not the best anymore, but I'm sure I got the one at the East end of Bradshaw and the tower @ Ford. In any event, I'm having fun with "Flight", and looking forward to the future.

I was just flying a job out of Bradshaw AFB today a noticed a aerocach when I was taking off in the dark. After the job I came back in the daylight and got it. I have been there before and not seen it, so I don't know how long it has been there.

Yeah, it seems that previous ones you hadn't collected are now available. That's why I didn't see one at Bradshaw, but saw the ones on Oahu. Weird. I wish MS would say something about it.

All of the aero's that you guys are seeing are previous daily aerocaches !

I have not missed any aero's since day 1. (Feb 28th)

My current aero count is 140. ( not including " curvature of the earth" and the few Bugged ones that nobody could get. )

Looks like the daily aeros that folks have missed can be gotten now.

The Beta site has not mentioned this !.....yet.

Fred.

All of the aero's that you guys are seeing are previous daily aerocaches !

I have not missed any aero's since day 1. (Feb 28th)

My current aero count is 140. ( not including " curvature of the earth" and the few Bugged ones that nobody could get. )

Looks like the daily aeros that folks have missed can be gotten now.

The Beta site has not mentioned this !.....yet.

Fred.

I think you are right. The previous aerocaches of the day are achievable now. Don't know if this is a bug or not, but I am having fun collecting them anyway ;]

And on more thing guys. I went to MS Flight site, and found out that if you go to AEROCACHES tab, and filter by "Hawaiian Adventure Pack", you can find there (don't know for sure, but probably) all of the previous aerocaches of the day. So, if you don't want to fly around and try to find them by random coincidence...;]

Good luck finding them guys.

Fred, I have 142 aerocaches. I've found two that I don't remember ever getting as daily aerocaches.

Ala Wai Harbor (Honolulu) and Makai pier (NE Oahu).

I don't remember seeing Eastern end of Bradshaw field (big island) and Heeia pier Northern coast Oahu (SSW Kanehoe MCAF) but those aren't showing up for me.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Nawiliwili harbor (ships just south of Lihue)

Thanks -- didn't have that one yet. Up to 133 now (not going to bother with the high-flying ones).

Fred, I have 142 aerocaches. I've found two that I don't remember ever getting as daily aerocaches.

Ala Wai Harbor (Honolulu) and Makai pier (NE Oahu).

I don't remember seeing Eastern end of Bradshaw field (big island) and Heeia pier Northern coast Oahu (SSW Kanehoe MCAF) but those aren't showing up for me.

Hook

I just noticed this now also ! I now have 142 after collecting Ala Wai Harbor (Honolulu) and Makai pier (NE Oahu).

Will search for more and report back later.

Fred.

I have 139 aerocaches so far (without 2 high-flying ones). The new ones that I collected today are:

Ala Wai Harbor

Haleakala Crater

Kahului Harbor

Makai Pier

Mauna Lei Gulch

Mount Kaala

Nawiliwili Harbor

Nuaailua Bay

HTS Oahu

Olomana Peak

Pali Highway 61

I hope this will help you finding them. As I mentioned before, you have some of the probably missing ones on the list on MS Flight official site.

Just found the Kahului Harbor next to Maui Airport.

That's 143 now.

Fred.

And on more thing guys. I went to MS Flight site, and found out that if you go to AEROCACHES tab, and filter by "Hawaiian Adventure Pack", you can find there (don't know for sure, but probably) all of the previous aerocaches of the day. So, if you don't want to fly around and try to find them by random coincidence...;]

Good luck finding them guys.

Thanks! I'm now up to 140. (Haven't gone for the 2 high ones.)

Hi Guys,

I'm up to 136.

Never found... I must have gotten them already:

Mount Kaala

Nawiliwili Harbor

Nuaailua Bay

HTS Oahu

Olomana Peak

Pali Highway 61

BTW what does "HTS" stand for? I could not find any hits. HTS might stand "Hawaii Tracking System"

Thanks

Brian