Sign in to follow this  
runfmee

Two aerocaches today

Hi,

Found another aerocache today on top of the white and red tower on Ford Island airport

Not for me. I've flown all over Ford Island and the surrounding area this morning, and no cache marker has shown up.

I think they might be having some more aerocache problems though. I flew from Dillingham to Kona in free flight yesterday, and when I landed at Kona the "Lava Foundation" aerocache marker showed up. I taxied over and it showed I had found it. However, it didn't increase my count because I had already gotten this one back in March. Very strange.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Some of the people on a group flight last night experienced the same thing -- but not all of us. Weird.

Today another bonus aerocache just at the eastern end of Bradshaw strip (big island)

I found another unlisted one last night (pier on east end of Oahu) and two more this morning -- Red/White tower on Ford Island, and a small boat harbor in Honolulu.

Someone said the other night that previous daily areocaches had all been released again? Will try to find out more.

How do you guys know these aren 't normal aerocaches but 'bonus aerocache of the day'...? They look the same, don't they?

they are not in the initial existing list of aerocaches but I said "bonus aerocache" and not "bonus aerocache of the day" ; they look the same but I did not try to see if they stay more than one day; may be MS add them to maintain interest in flying until release of Alaska or re-release all daily aerocaches as wroteEastCoastGuy?

• Ala Wai Harbor (Honolulu)
  • Makai pier (NE Oahu)
  • Red/White tower on Ford Island
  • eastern end of Bradshaw field (big island)
  • Heeia pier Northern coast Oahu (SSW Kanehoe MCAF)
  • Bridge of Waimea beach (NW Oahu)

all increment my aerocache count

I'm pretty sure all those listed were dailys. You found them all in one day?

Then it looks like they have reopened some or all of the previous dailys. They haven't mentioned it, so it's probably unintentional. I guess I'd better go see if I can find the ones I missed. :)

EDIT: Yes, I just grabbed a couple of old daily aerocaches I knew I had missed. According to the Aerocache Hunt information, today's daily is South Kauai VOR, yet again, with 86 hours or something remaining. I'm pretty sure this is the fourth time I've seen that one come up in the official rotation.

they have reopened some or all of the previous dailys

Maybe so we can catch those we missed

Catching the ones we missed during the bugged reporting period was why they doubled up on them for the last month. That is supposed to be over now.

If it were intentional, surely they would have announced it like they have previously when making changes to the aerocache of the day structure.

I still haven't seen the one over the tower on Ford Island, but I did pick up 5 more while cruising around the shore of Oahu. This is good stuff. I generally only do the aerocaches as I'm tired of hauling animals, inanimate objects, and whining passengers.

It was said by MS that new aerocaches would be periodically placed (or something to that effect). Hope that's what's happening. I enjoy them and I don't have to spend a huge amount of time collecting them since my computer time is limited.

I also noticed the Kauai VOR. It seems to keep coming up periodically. That's one of the reasons I suspect another problem with the aerocache system. That and the fact that one showed up the other day that I had already collected. Whatever the reason, I hope they continue to populate the islands with them.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Yup, I'd say the aerocache system is still messed up. I sure hope I don't have to wait 85 hours for a new aerocache to show up. (I'm at 129 right now, and don't have the one at 85,000 feet).