Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

who wants a PMDG 717

who wants a PMDG 717  

363 members have voted

1. 1. who wants a PMDG 717

• yes
    • no

No need for a 717 i for one would not purchase it i am looking gorward to the 777 and the 747. A 787 and PMDG Airbus now you're talking.

Duncan

PMDG won't do Airbus because FSLabs are handling that end. But I think it would be neat for them to do a Boeing 717, especially if Delta takes over AirTran B717s.

the un built 717-300 would be nice to see finely an the 200 and 200hgw as well

by the way AIRTRAN was bought by South west airlines last year.

If it's unbuilt they aren't going to develop it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I don't want see PMDG still do boeing series except 777 or airbus,maybe business aircraft like dassault falcon or gulfstream.

I voted yes for the 717, but I think the coolest would be an older MD80 series. I have many memories of those workhorses and I love those. Also the old 727s are fantastic.

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Indeed Southwest did buy AirTran, but now they are trying to unload the B717s to keep a common fleet with the 737NGs. So the rumor is that Delta is trying to take them off of their hands for them. Personally, me being from Atlanta and working at that airport years ago and seeing seeing Delta and AirTran battle with each other and soon to see the AirTran livery fade away into the sunset like NW, it was a sad day for me. :sorry:

So the rumor is that Delta is trying to take them off of their hands for them. Personally, me being from Atlanta and working at that airport years ago and seeing seeing Delta and AirTran battle with each other and soon to see the AirTran livery fade away into the sunset like NW, it was a sad day for me.

Actually, it's more than a rumor now. The latest announced is that Delta intends to take the 717s: http://online.wsj.co...712447.html Will be interesting to see how that works out.

I would love to have a 717, infact I wish PMDG would concentrate more on Regional's 717, crj, dash 8's erj's etc etc.

Voted "No" , I prefer the PMDG nice developers full time focus to upcoming 777 and 747 v2 :give_rose: , after them I think many info. will be ready for 787 so they can .... :Praying:

Voted "No" , I prefer the PMDG nice developers full time focus to upcoming 777 and 747 v2 :give_rose: , after them I think many info. will be ready for 787 so they can .... :Praying:

I think a regional jet should be produced before the 787. The market (at least what I see) is somewhat bare in that regard. The 787 is a long-haul bird and with the 744 V2, the 777, and in some cases the NGX it's a bit saturated.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think a regional jet should be produced before the 787. The market (at least what I see) is somewhat bare in that regard. The 787 is a long-haul bird and with the 744 V2, the 777, and in some cases the NGX it's a bit saturated.

i agree. a smaller twin that isnt inclined to 4, 5 or 6+ hour flights. something used for 3-4 at the most.

Flew on a 717 for the first time last week. It was a neat little plane, perfect for Hawaiian's island hoping. Its not wonder it isn't too popular anymore, its basically an overgrown regional jet.

Flew on a 717 for the first time last week. It was a neat little plane, perfect for Hawaiian's island hoping. Its not wonder it isn't too popular anymore, its basically an overgrown regional jet.

The Douglas DC-9 series has been a very popular aircraft, and has served well. The first short-haul aircraft from the United States, it took the configuration pioneered by the Sud Caravelle, and made it better. Having a 5-abreast cabin, its coach class seats are more comfortable than a six-abreast 737, because they are slightly wider. It has been a very good design, and was the last great Douglas Commercial airplane. It isn't by any means an overgrown RJ, RJ's arejust smaller airplanes designed for short routes. The DC-9 series could do medium routes too, like the 737. The CRJ series was actually developed from the Challenger business jet, rather than the other way around.

Inactive