Sign in to follow this  
beoingrocks

CTD while flying on vatsim

So today I was on approach to KLAS and everything on the flight had gone well but while lining up with the runway fsx decided to crash, I have I question about vatsim, What happens if I was talking to a controller and fsx crashes, do I have to contact vatsim I tell them what happened?

What did the error say?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As soon as your FSX crashes, you are disconnected from VATSIM and your a/c just drops off the scope. There is no requirement to contact anyone. This occurs frequently and you just need to make sure before you reconnect - you are NOT on the runway any longer.

WAT1460.png

What did the error say?

the fault dll was DSOUND

this is the error:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: fsx.exe

P2: 10.0.61472.0

P3: 475e17d3

P4: DSOUND.dll

P5: 6.1.7600.16385

P6: 4a5bd9fd

P7: c0000005

P8: 0004e387

P9:

P10:

yeah as mentioned you dont need to tell vatsim anything. you just go off our scopes when that happens

lee

yeah as mentioned you dont need to tell vatsim anything. you just go off our scopes when that happens

lee

ok, do you know anything about the error that I got? Thanks

Hi

DSOUND.dll is the main direct X library. You could try updating direct x. But before that I do have a question. Were you by any chance using FSDT KLAS?

Those error logs don't always tell us what caused the ctd. It could just be that DSOUND.dll was the file in the memory the moment it crashed.

But I have seen one error someone else had like yours at FSDT KLAS.

Lee

Hi

DSOUND.dll is the main direct X library. You could try updating direct x. But before that I do have a question. Were you by any chance using FSDT KLAS?

Those error logs don't always tell us what caused the ctd. It could just be that DSOUND.dll was the file in the memory the moment it crashed.

But I have seen one error someone else had like yours at FSDT KLAS.

Lee

no I was using the mega scenery klas, fsx crashed when I was descending

Ok well you can update direct X. It could've just been a one time thing you know how fsx is. But updating direct x won't hurt

Best

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Ok well you can update direct X. It could've just been a one time thing you know how fsx is. But updating direct x won't hurt

Best

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

ok, this is the first time this has happened to me, do you have the link for the direct x update? Thanks

If it will let you install it then install it even though it's the same version.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk