Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

QW146 offers firsts for FS9 and much much more.

This add-on raises the bar for FS9 development and is surprising to say the least this kind of effort was put into an FS9 release:

1. Aircraft Shadows from within the VC. You can see the shadow of the aircraft looking out onto the ground or in the clouds from within the VC. I thought this was only possible in FSX.

2. Opening the windows in the VC allows one to better hear the external APU engine sitting alongside the aircraft. Nice little touch.

3. Wing flex and wing views from within the VC. Looking back while sitting in the VC at the wings and their movement when going through clouds is a nice touch. Not anything new in FS development here but I wasn't expecting this with the type of wings this bird has. Furthermore I wasn't expecting to see the wings from the VC with a VC as detailed as this. iFly as excellent as it is stated this couldn't be done with a very detailed VC.

4. For an FS9 release the VC is on the level we all have been told is only possible in FSX.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for this add-on. I understand some resistance to the add-on because the 146 is in a class that either you hate it or you love it. Many airlines no longer fly them and in the US their totally gone. I used to love seeing them flying in and out of KMSP for Mesaba. Although they are not flying anymore I have long requested a developed version for Flight Simulator. I had no idea one day what would come our way would be so outstanding. No matter how you feel about the 146 I'd say all FS9er's buy this thing because it's that good. Concider it an investment towards your 787 down the road.

The 146 is so outstanding that I can only imagine how the 787 is going to be. Some products are telling in the fact that whoever was behind them truly loves this hobby and did it out of a labor of love. This bird has all the little features a seasoned simmer as asked for over the years. Things like an adjustable yoke so as not to cover up the gauges, well developed VC lighting at night, stellar FDE, and outstanding VC/2D panels. Someone behind this is a true simmer and loves the 146. This is not a flashy product but rather a simmers product, an enthusiast product, a true pilot's prospective effort.

I'm totally impressed.... im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I was blown away with the ambient light from the nav lights and the strobe lights reflected on the ground.

Nice touch.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

There has recently been some innovation as regards FS9 developments, particularly overcoming polygon count limitations ... see :-

http://web.me.com/william_ortis/Lionheart/Blog/Entries/2010/8/22_FS2004_‘Unlimited_Export’_System.html

Now I'm not sure whether QW has utilised this method but we could possibly be seeing some VERY detailed FS9 aircraft in future.

will the QW 787 be for fs9 also?

I was wondering too, browsed the forum couldn't find any hints.

I recall reading that it depends alot on the popularity on the BAe/Avro.

Which hopefully will be great.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I recall reading that it depends alot on the popularity on the BAe/Avro.

Which hopefully will be great.

It all depends on the 'sales' of the BAe, which hopefully will be more than adequate for them to proceed with the next FS9 effort (the 787).

I have to give them an A+ for the effort they put in in reigning in support for their FS9 development. :Peace:

FS2020 

Yes, this bird is truly amazing, I completely agree. The more I fly it, the more it grows on me. And all those little details ARE important.

To add to the list: the sound! I was on approach when the engines began spooling up a bit. The sound was simply incredible. The sound of rushing air mixed with that specific hiss of the engines.... Hard to describe, but It was one of those moments when I thought: wow, yes, this is how it should be!

Then the night lighting in the VC! I'll be flying at night much more than I used to, that's for sure.

I saw the Crossair Avro many times at Ljubljana airport - nicknamed Jumbolino - and even had a chance to fly one from Zurich years ago. A memorable flight, we had to skirt a huge Cb on our way. Quite spectacular!

There are a few bugs, but each new aircraft has them. No showstoppers, though. And support is great, too. So, guys and girls, run and get this one, you won't regret it. :smile:

Regards,

Jure

Very detail list there Dillon. If I remember correctly QW146's light effects also fantastic too.

Since the release of QW787 depends on the sales of Bae146. I'm thinking of buying this to support them, I'm really looking forward to their 787.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I intend to buy it - once the next cycle of invoices get paid.

I like quirky aircraft. I was one of the few who purchased PMDGs wonderful MD-11 for FS9. I couldn't care less who flies them in the real world, I can do what I want in my sim. Except get the WOAI installer to work ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Their 757 must have been pretty good til they released BAe. With the responses I read here and their forum, the 787 is likely available for fs9. Hopefully

This bird has all the little features a seasoned simmer as asked for over the years
the ambient light from the nav lights and the strobe lights reflected on the ground
Hard to describe, but It was one of those moments when I thought: wow, yes, this is how it should be!

You guys know how to tease (my credit card)!

I intend to buy it - once the next cycle of invoices get paid.

I may join you. There's a huge bunch of great FS9 addons having just been or soon being released, so I rather need to discuss it well with my credit card.

If I had unlimited budget for my simmy hobby, this bird would already be sitting in my virtual hangar. nodding-1.gif

Except get the WOAI installer to work

Gavin, let's keep in touch via PM. We will work it out for sure.

Gavin, let's keep in touch via PM. We will work it out for sure.

Thanks, will do :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I was reading somewhere that this aircraft has something new for fs. In VC when it rains the wiper has great wipe effect on rain drops.. Haven't been lucky yet all dry weather when I flew.

I was reading somewhere that this aircraft has something new for fs. In VC when it rains the wiper has great wipe effect on rain drops.. Haven't been lucky yet all dry weather when I flew.

The rain effects are good although nothing special than what you've seen in other high quality add-ons.

On another note I wonder why the members at Flightsim.com are giving the 146 the cold shoulder (I tried asking directly but no response over there)??? :Nerd:

FS2020