Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

737-600 w/Winglets

I did some searching, but found nothing related to this topic.

I think it would be pretty cool for PMDG to create a visual model 737-600 with winglets. It would be fictional, but I know the -600 looks pretty awesome with winglets! (The posky model does). It could be a paid visual model extension, similar to the 747-8i/F. I think that there is a pretty big -600 fan base here, bigger than in the real-world. Just a suggestion, and I would love to see it!

PMDG can not develop a 600WL.

Only 737-700ER, 737-800W and 900ER equip winglet.

Posky is not PMDG.

It's not a matter of they cannot do it. It is a matter of they will not do it. Nobody ordered the -600 with winglets so it's not being modeled. If someone ordered/orders it it could happen.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I wasn't saying that it was real - I know its not, but I thought it would be kinda cool and interesting to add it on - something for like 10 or 15 bucks, you get a -600 winglets visual model, and it could be some extra pocket change for PMDG, since I assume that its not that difficult to add winglets to a 3D visual model.

its not that difficult to add winglets to a 3D visual model.

Plus they have to develop new flight model, get performance data for 736 winglets. It's much more difficult.

Watch at 8:25.

[media=]

[/media]

Thanks for the video reference, I hadn't seen it. I was thinking of a purely visual thing, with no performance data or different flight model than the regular -600.

No you don't understand.

If it's not used in the real world or can't be modeled accurately, PMDG won't model it.

No one has winglets on the -600, so PMDG didn't model it.

They've already said that they will only model existing real world configurations.

This is the same reason the 777 won't have folding wingtips. Boeing offered the option but no one took it, afaik.

No you don't understand.

If it's not used in the real world or can't be modeled accurately, PMDG won't model it.

No one has winglets on the -600, so PMDG didn't model it.

They've already said that they will only model existing real world configurations.

This is the same reason the 777 won't have folding wingtips. Boeing offered the option but no one took it, afaik.

Spot on. I've never seen a 777 with folding wingtips.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Some of you folks need to settle down the guy simply said it would be cool if they did. Rnathe I think the 600 would be wonderful with winglets

Some of you folks need to settle down the guy simply said it would be cool if they did. Rnathe I think the 600 would be wonderful with winglets

I'm pretty sure that since just about two years have passed since the last post, these guys have "settled down."

Regardless, as has been stated several times, it's not going to happen, for the reasons stated.

Kyle Rodgers

WestJet of Canada was about to request their -600s with WL, but they finally decided to take the NON WL version, that's the only airline that had intentions to request their planes with it, as far as I know.

Artur W.

What is it with all the zombie threads resurrecting from the grave lately?

If it's not in the real world, it's not in PMDG.

How do you explain time acceleration/compression and automatic step climbs for the 77LR?