Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

REX Essentials countdown to release started !

Very cool! I think their servers are going to be smokin' in a couple of days...

Alexander Alonso

Very nice. Thanks for the HU. Me is pretty excited about that one.

I guess it's time i go "validate" myself then!

Looking forward to installing, and then doing an epic "head to head" against AS2012.

Looking forward to this, although with what will soon be 'the old REX', I did in fact have one of the best flights I've ever had in FSX this week. That was the Aerosoft Catalina and Aerosoft's Tahiti scenery, over the Pacific in a thunderstorm near dusk, which was a real METAR download - which I in fact recorded with FRAPs, and intend to make a little film out of. Best representation of turbulence and updrafts I've ever had in FSX, with the poor old Catalina bouncing around all over the place and having to be trimmed into a nose down attitude just to stay out of the main storm areas.

On top of that, I also lost both engines on that same flight with about five miles to go due to plug oiling/overboosting on the descent, which fortunately I was able to sort out by restarting one of them, the other one refused to start. Good job too, it was an Air Hauler flight with about five cargo jobs on board, so it would have been a bit costly if I'd had to ditch!

Here's a screenie from that flight when the weather was just starting to look like it would get rough, you can see I'm already having to hold in a lot of down elevator because of the thermal updrafts, and I'm not even in the really bad weather yet, having elected to try and go under the storm rather than over it because of the limited service ceiling of the PBY when heavily loaded:

1-43.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Beautiful shot! Many years ago, I built a 1/72 scale model kit of Cousteau's PBY. I still have the Billings Boats "Calypso" kit to finish.

Alexander Alonso

That is indeed a great screen shot, Chock, and I look forward to the video. Guess it's time to dust off my Cat as well...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I was briefly very excited too, seeing the countdown timer and having become a verified user etc.

Disappointing that I can't install it when it comes out because I have REX Overdrive installed. Hopefully it won't be too long until they have a version that works with REX2 and REX Overdrive.

I guess I could uninstall REX Overdrive...hhmmm...what are you people that have REX Overdrive installed planning to do??

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive

Disappointing that I can't install it when it comes out because I have REX Overdrive installed.

I didn't know that!

I plan to delete it and reinstall the new version, not ideal but easy enough to do I guess, and at least you would know it was on there and properly updated etc.

Al

Alan Bradbury

I didn't know that!

Yes; if you look for the upgrade instructions in their registered/verified users' support forum you'll see this:

[THESE UPGRADE DOCUMENTS ARE ONLY FOR REX2 USERS WITH APPLICATION BUILD 2.3.2010.1027 AND NOT FOR REX2 + OVERDRIVE USERS - WE WILL BE RELEASING REX ESSENTIAL OVERDRIVE SOON AFTER THE INITIAL UPGRADE!]

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive

and I look forward to the video

Just found the right music for it too. And if anyone else is into film-making and needs music which they can use without falling foul of royalties, which doesn't cost an arm and a leg, here's where I got it from. There's some great stuff on here; can't believe how inexpensive it was either - 44 bucks for a load of really fantastic orchestral and choral stuff well suited to action sequences. Certainly worth a peruse if you are into film production:

http://www.opuzz.com/

Al

Alan Bradbury