Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

REX Essentials countdown to release started !

If you still have REX2 you can upgrade REX 2 to REX Essential. We will be issuing an upgrade for REX Essential users to REX Essential + OD.

The reason we could not release right away is because there are some code changes from REX to REX Overdrive.

The wait for REX Essential + Overdrive should not be very long after we release REX Essential. The beta testers should have it this week. There will not need to be much testing in that the base of REX E + OD is REX E.

Also, if you upgrade your REX 2 to REX Essential and then backup your settings (which includes your created themes and flight plans) to our cloud servers you will be to import them back in when you upgrade to REX Essential + OD.

Looking forward to this, although with what will soon be 'the old REX', I did in fact have one of the best flights I've ever had in FSX this week. That was the Aerosoft Catalina and Aerosoft's Tahiti scenery, over the Pacific in a thunderstorm near dusk, which was a real METAR download - which I in fact recorded with FRAPs, and intend to make a little film out of. Best representation of turbulence and updrafts I've ever had in FSX, with the poor old Catalina bouncing around all over the place and having to be trimmed into a nose down attitude just to stay out of the main storm areas.

On top of that, I also lost both engines on that same flight with about five miles to go due to plug oiling/overboosting on the descent, which fortunately I was able to sort out by restarting one of them, the other one refused to start. Good job too, it was an Air Hauler flight with about five cargo jobs on board, so it would have been a bit costly if I'd had to ditch!

Here's a screenie from that flight when the weather was just starting to look like it would get rough, you can see I'm already having to hold in a lot of down elevator because of the thermal updrafts, and I'm not even in the really bad weather yet, having elected to try and go under the storm rather than over it because of the limited service ceiling of the PBY when heavily loaded:

1-43.jpg

Al

Nice shot!!!

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

It's out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a bit confused though where do we download? Im reading the upgrade procedure pdf right now and dont see anything

lee

guess i should give them a couple of seconds :Loser:

lee

It's out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a bit confused though where do we download? Im reading the upgrade procedure pdf right now and dont see anything

lee

lee

It is?! Where?!

Only the manual is out ... still about 23 hours till actual release of the software according to the timer.

Only the manual is out ... still about 23 hours till actual release of the software

Oh! I thought he meant Essentials itself!!

i do look at the forum it says rex essentials has been released

this is what it says at the top of the forum

REX Essentials Countdown To Release

REX Essentials Has Been Released!

i do look at the forum it says rex essentials has been released

this is what it says at the top of the forum

REX Essentials Countdown To Release

REX Essentials Has Been Released!

... It's not April 1st anymore...

ive been watching it count down for the last 20 minutes....i see this on the REX forums where the countdown used to be? does nobody else?

It's out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lee

lee

Lee, It is not released yet. I'm not sure what you saw, but you have about 23 hours to go. Sorry to burst your Essential bubble.

Cheers,

Glen

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/

unless its a mistake by them which it might be cause im still not seeing any downloads.....is mine the only counter thats finished!?

what time zone is my pc set to lol

im not crazy lol :LMAO:

It say 22 hours and 23 minutes to go... Time for a vision check, LeeL?

Haha time for something. That's the weirdest thing.

Sent using Tapatalk

I bought REX 2.0 but I never installed it. Figured I would just wait for Essential. So tell me, for those who have used REX or follow their site for the latest, does REX provide a true 100% cloud layer? So that one can simulate "breaking through" a cloud layer, that is, if one so desires that? I did not see it mentioned exactly in their new Essential manual. Did mention something about a fog layer... the same?

Don't want to bug them at their site as with 8 eight hours before release I am sure they are going nuts right now.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit