Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Some minor issues with version 1.3

Hi Bryan, I know you are putting the finishing touches in v1.4 beta, but I noticed two things on my end and wanted to see if they need to be addressed.

1. Upon runway entry, the first officer does not push the traffic button to allow traffic to be displayed on ND. I thought he was supposed to, or he did so in earlier versions, I can't really recall. I'm not sure if it's even SOP, but I could have sworn I have seen traffic enabled, along with the weather radar, in real life situations upon runway entry. Perhaps I am wrong, and it is not put on because it would be a distraction.

2. Is the copilot supposed to turn off the flight director switches after landing, during the "clean up" phase? He doesn't at the moment, not sure if that is bug.

I just wanted to ask about those two things, to help you tie up some loose ends if they are indeed bugs.

Thanks!

Hi AJ,

1. FO should press "his" TFC button during his runway entry flow. It's in the code. Let me know if he's not doing that on your machine.

2. FD's now come off during the main shut-down flow. Damien revised the procedure; previously the FD's came off during the after landing flow. I just updated the on-line manuals to reflect this change.

Thanks for the reply Bryan. I knew that I saw the copilot turn off the flight director after landing in either an earlier iteration of the NGX, or the iFLY. And regarding the TFC button, that makes sense to me now, I will now make that a part of my practice upon runway entry.