Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FPS comparison Milviz and Iris F-15

Guest Mik75

Here is a question for hardcore simmers and lovers of the F-15 that might have installed both, the Milviz and the Iris F-15:

How are they performing on your systems? Which one is the hog on the frame rates?

I own the Iris F-15 Mudhen Driver and I updated her recently. Yesterday, I did a little deeper testing around Edwards AFB (the scenery that comes with Acceleration) and my average frame rate was as low as 14-16 FPS! I have installed the full version (with backseat and the higher resolution textures) and compared to the VRS Superbug or the Iris F-16, which perform much better on my old machine, I am a little disappointed with the performance. I know that my system (E6850 C2D @ 3,6 GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, GTX260 896 MB, Vista 64bit) is quite dated, but still I wonder how the Milviz F-15 would perform on it. I read a quite reviews that stated it may be a little lighter on the frames than the Iris one, but before spending 40$, I'd like to hear your opinions.

Thanks in advance & greets,

Michael

I can't help you with the actual information, Michael, but I can tell you that the Milviz comes with a 30 day money back policy from F1. So you could try her on your system.

Guest Mik75

That´s correct! Thanks for the hint!

I totally forgot that they use the Flight 1 system. I bought their fantastic C310 and so actually, I should have known...

I´ll give it a try.

Guest Mik75

Hmm, the Milviz seems to be a little better performance wise on

my system. Since I have no access to their support forum yet, one more question:

I bought it yesterday, so do I have the latest version including all improvements or do I have to install the service pack(s)?

Yes you have the latest version.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

A feature of the MV F15-E is the Multiplayer Models are optimized to achieve the highest framerates possible when doing on line combat exercises, these versions can be used in dense scenery locations as a fps boost on older machines while not online as well.

Guest Mik75

Thanks for the answers guys! That's a good tip here, I'll try to use the multiplayer model! I have no clue how to set up the weapon system... Shouldn't shift+D release the weapons? I used to

fly the VRS Superbug very often and therefore, I know how to use the A/A and A/G radar and the corresponding weapons generally. But I think I'll have to spend some time with this bird until everything is setup up and working properly.

There are some video tutorial links in the forums....email Roadburner440 at milviz dot com and he will get your forum account set up :)

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Guest Mik75

I already did that, just waiting for the confirmation and the password. The manual doesn't seem to say anything about the weapon system. Setting up an AMRAAM, designate a target etc. isn't the problem here, but releasing the weapon won't work. ;-) As soon as I have access to the forum I'll have a lot of questions...

did you RTFM? Check out the youtube videos?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

There was a bit much going on in the weapon system to put it in the already oversized manual. As it is the real weapons manual is separate from the -1 and its not short either. We chose video tutorials as a easier solution for you guys.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Guest Mik75

Ok, thanks!

I'll check the YouTube videos.

But could you confirm that Shift+D should release the selected weapon?

That is correct. You do have to set the repeat slider to full in your FSX buttons config though in order for auto release to function correctly. With that in mind though....you should not press more than a click press when firing a missile otherwise you may ripple fire.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Guest Mik75

Hi Jonathan.

I´ll have to take a look what the settings for the repeat slider is. I highly doubt though, that I put it to max.

So that may cause the problem...

I´ll report back here!

Guest Mik75

That did the trick! Thanks a ton!