Sign in to follow this  
MaorC

Fun routes in the US

Hello ,

I always fly in Europe , i would like to start fly in the U.S.A , i really dont know the area and i need you guys to recommend me popular routes with the 737-800 \ fun routes .

Not too long please , maximum 1500nm .

BTW , the sceneries for Las vegas \ Los Angeles \ San Fransisco are FPS killers ?

Thank you ,

Maor .

Anywhere in the western US is impressive, especially the northwest

Jay

i dont really know the US , can you be more specific ?

BTW , the big airports sceneries in the us are FPS killers ?

I like KDEN to KSLC and back , or KSLC to KLAS is good, lots of terrain , traffic and procedures to deal with.

Eric Walace

As far as FPS. that depends on your system and settings. I have a 'middle of the road' system and performace is fine, even at KLAX

Like Eric above KSLC is one of my favorite areas to fly out of, heres a few others KMSO, KBOI, KLAS, KPHX, KSAN, KSFO, KPDX

There really are too many to list. One thing you could do is open Google Earth and take a look around. Another thing that I do is to pick an airline, go to their route map site, and select a route from there to fly. Southwest has a lot of routes in the west and a lot are under 2 hours, which is great for me because I like short flights.

Hope this helps

Jay

BTW , the sceneries for Las vegas \ Los Angeles \ San Fransisco are FPS killers ?

Thank you ,

Maor .

Those airports aren't FPS killers if you use FSDT KLAS and KLAX and Flightbeams KSFO, otherwise the default KLAX and KSFO can be fps killers. The default KLAS isnt too hard on FPS though. Myself and others have posted that FSDT mega aiports like KLAX, KJFK, KORD, and KDFW actually get a lot better FPS than the default versions. Plus you can try the demo versions off all of them for free to see how they perform before you buy.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So , what kind of airliners use the 737-800NGX and they have fun flights in the US ? can someone recommend me ?

I like to fly from Baltimore to Buffalo with Southwest airlines (an actual Southwest airlines route). It is only a 230 mile flight and it is very easy on fps, and Buffalo is only 1 hour from me :)

Some fun RW 738 flights off the top of my head.. Just use FlightAware to determine origin city, these are just fun arrivals:

- PANC

- KSAN

- KDCA

- KRNO

- KLGA

- KMDW

Have fun!

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

i can recommend to you flights to Aspen(high field and mountains), Key west( shortest us runway where a 737 lands), La guardia(visual approaches), Washington reagan intl.(visual approach), Reno (visual approaches), JFK (visual approach rwys 13), San Diego (LOC 27), Santa Ana (5700ft runway), Burbank( 5802ft runway), Chicago Midway(short runways) these are my favorites :Peace:

For me KLAX To KLAS, KLAS To KSFO, PANC To KSEA and KPHX To KDEN with Alaska Airlines and Southwest Airlines 700W/800W.

Those airports aren't FPS killers if you use FSDT KLAS and KLAX and Flightbeams KSFO, otherwise the default KLAX and KSFO can be fps killers. The default KLAS isnt too hard on FPS though. Myself and others have posted that FSDT mega aiports like KLAX, KJFK, KORD, and KDFW actually get a lot better FPS than the default versions. Plus you can try the demo versions off all of them for free to see how they perform before you buy.

Jim Burke

You kidding us, right? At my PC, FSDT reduce frame rate down to 5fps, while with default one frame rate hits the 50fps.

If you like a challenging approach, try the 'River Visual' approach into KDCA Runway 19 (Ronald Reagan National Airport in Washington DC.)