Sign in to follow this  
Zachiii

RC4 headings

RC4 will not recognized aircraft headings.

Example, Departure tells me to turn to a heading of 245 degrees.

I do it.

With the aircraft (PMDG 737 NGX) on the correct heading, Departure tells me over and over again to turn to the same heading and finally tells me how stupid I am flying.

I have tried numerous flight plans. Same problem with them all.

I have reinstalled FSUIPC.

This use not to be a problem.

I have evidently done something that is causing this persistent RC4 problem.

Any solution ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

zach

Zach,

I have had this problem when my FMS routing is not the same as the flight plan that I prepared. The number one reason is that if my flight planning software does NOT include SID/STARS and the routing used in the FMS does contain them, things can get our of hand. With RC if the first waypoint is at 245 heading but you are flying a SID that is different that can happen.

Most often the reason that you can get yelled at by RC is that you have passed the first waypoint. I have observed that doing many departures in Europe even with SID's in both the plan and FMS you can encounter some tight margins. When you encounter this problem the easiest way to solve it is to go into the RC menu function ask to go direct to the next waypoint that you want to go and select that.

Hope this helps

Bob

Bob,

Thanks.

My problem, however, exists without SIDs.

Everthing is fine until Departure tell me to turn to a heading...

RC4 will not, evidently, receive aircraft feedback that the correct heading is being flown.

So Departure repeatedly gives the same heading as if it is not beling flown.

zach

First to insure we are on the correct page you installed a full and interim version of FSUIPC4 from here:

forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

In some recent scenery add-ons there is a a file called magdec.bgl that has caused heading problems with some or all aircraft. The original file (at least in FS9) is in FS\scenery/BASE\scenery. First check that file properties to see if the date is near that of worldc.bgl. If it is OK then try this:

Create folders called prioritybgls\scenery. Copy that original magdec.bgl into it. Add that to your FS scenery library keeping it in the number one position (top priority) so it will override and individual scenery files of the same name except possibly for within the individual scenery add-on.

See if that cures any problem.

There are discussions about this file in the PMDG forums.

Also check your FS registry settings with this free registry checker from flight 1:

http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=library

If on vista or win7 right click on it and select run as admin.

Please let us know if this helps.

if you make a log, i can tell you what's going on. instructions pinned to the top of the forum. that's the only way anyone can figure it out.

if i had to guess, you have your heading deviation in rc set to something rediculously high - 90 degrees, or too low, 2 degrees.

jd

JD,

RC4 Deviation was set at 120 degrees.

Changed to 30 degrees.

All is well and sweet.

JD, you're the MAN!

zach