Sign in to follow this  
Nane

Radarcontact and FMC

Thanks Ronzie.

RC told me to fly at FL 110. This means i should keep the altmeter at 29.92. Thats why I have encountered problems.

Nathan

Nathan, while you are in route program the following into the PMDG FMC:

select the FIX button and enter your destination there. On the next line down from that enter a radius of 40. This will give you a visual as to where RC wants you at the restriction of 110 or 120.

example:

KATL

/40

the /40 will draw a green circle 40nm out from KATL in my example. Then all you need to do is to adjust your desent to be at FL assigned at the green circle.

Jim

Jim Wenham

Thanks Jim!

Really good tip. I was actually about that ask that very question:)

had my first flight with RC from ESSA to EFHK. I was really suprised with how good it works

Nice! A bit off topic, but I use the same route for testing :) I already have Aerosoft ESSA and can't wait for A-Flight's EFHK to be released. With Radar Contact, good airports and external weather engine, flying is more fun than I ever thought :smile:

That FIX /distance is called a range ring. I notice in cockpit videos /30 is used to indicate entering the airport traffic area where patterns and speed limits take effect.