Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Nobody listens to me....

For me, what is dissapointing is that Microsoft Game Studios has chosen not to give us any indication of what their road map is for the game. At this stage I personally have no idea how broad or how narrow their vision is.

Well, wherever they are going, they are remarkably non-aggressive about promotion of the product and its future. The barely audible mumbles we do hear give the impression of people on a painfully short leash.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

, wherever they are going, they are remarkably non-aggressive about promotion of the product and its future.

Absolutely, it is really quite surreal. It is like there is no actual plan. Just a vague idea about targetting a wider audience by including more gaming elements. No problem with that. What they have done so far is really good. But where is it going and how long is it going to take? The answers so far have been too vague to form any kind of opinion. Personally, I think that FLIGHT has huge potential but that Microsoft has very limited confidence in this as a money-making enterprise and are treating it as a suck-it-and-see project.

I am tempted to start a new topic entitled "ZZZZZ wake me up when the next DLC is announced".

Absolutely, it is really quite surreal. It is like there is no actual plan. Just a vague idea about targetting a wider audience by including more gaming elements. No problem with that. What they have done so far is really good. But where is it going and how long is it going to take? The answers so far have been too vague to form any kind of opinion. Personally, I think that FLIGHT has huge potential but that Microsoft has very limited confidence in this as a money-making enterprise and are treating it as a suck-it-and-see project.

I am tempted to start a new topic entitled "ZZZZZ wake me up when the next DLC is announced".

Its probably an established fact by now that I am generally a flight supporter. I like Flight, see the potential and want it to succeed. That being said, the obvious decision to not communicate meaningfully with...... anyone, does nothing to build and maintain enthusiasm, and if the developers have pride and plans for the project, well....... they are certainly not sharing it with us.

Its such a strange tactic, that as you said, its approaching the surreal. Where is the ongoing attempt to promote this product and build enthusiasm? I have never seen such an apparent total blackout of information from a new software release that presumably wants to create positive buzz and draw in new people.

Here is a video about a company that wants to be out there and speak to its customers. And interestingly, its probably one of the success stories that helped draw MS in to test the DLC waters in the first place. Its unfortunate that Ms's overriding corporate culture seems to make them allergic to actually speaking with/to the public. And yes, I brought Trainz 2012 today and am excited by their enthusiasm and pride for their own product and their vision of the future. (and their ability and desire to talk about it)

[media=]

[/media]

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

For me, what is dissapointing is that Microsoft Game Studios has chosen not to give us any indication of what their road map is for the game. At this stage I personally have no idea how broad or how narrow their vision is.

Personally, I'm not surprised at all over this. Most big software vendors are tight lipped about their future products, and for good reasons. If you lay out your plans to the public you can't change them if you want to, people will yell at you if you deviate from them, your competitors get intelligence for free, etc. Considering the telemetry Microsoft will be getting from player's activities, I imagine they want to be as unrestricted as possible in their planning. Plus, in the game scene I imagine the element of surprise is all the more important.

Just my 2 øre (100 øre equals 1 krone).

Sounds a lot like Apple to me, and they are the ones who made this business model so popular in the first place, aren't they?