Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

FS9 hangs for quite some time

Hi there,

I just finished reinstalling Win7 x64, and reinstalling FS9 from scratch, and tones of add-ons.

Updated Nvidia driver to the latest drivers, did a full defrag of my hard drive, and now I see FS9 hangs for about 30 to 40 sec, some times to a 1 min, and continue after ward.

​When I change view to spot view, I see the plane always grey, no texture, and it takes some time to appear again.

I am desperate at this point, to drop FS9 all together, since I don't enjoy it any more.

Any idea what could cause this hangs, and what else can I do to solve it.

Thanks for any feedback

Regards

Hani

Control + Shift + Delete....>>>.

What have you got running in the background...unnecessarily?

Hard Drive very busy?...(Have a peek at the HDD light).

Windows updating? Anti-virus Programs updating, E-Mail notifications?...Spyware? Malware?...etc...etc...

Paul... :Bug: ...!

Hi Paul,

I run game booster a registered copy to make sure that there is nothing running in the background.

I have AVG as antivirus, and it is very light on the system.

No E-mail , and I have no malwhere,spyware as I just finished reformatting my HD.

I am thinking perhaps it's the new Nvidia driver that is not going well with FS9.

Thanks

I am thinking perhaps it's the new Nvidia driver that is not going well with FS9

What card do you own? I have 560Ti and the latest drivers (301.42) and have noticed no hanging.

Hi Paul,

I run game booster a registered copy to make sure that there is nothing running in the background.

I have AVG as antivirus, and it is very light on the system.

No E-mail , and I have no malwhere,spyware as I just finished reformatting my HD.

I am thinking perhaps it's the new Nvidia driver that is not going well with FS9.

Thanks

How much System Memory, and Graphic Card Memory, do you have?

With inadequate memory, and lots of complex scenery add-ons, sometimes the HDD struggles to apply the scenery smoothly as you fly...(Spooling off the HDD instead of loading from fast memory).

..keep your eye on that HDD light...if it is constantly lit...then your HDD is trying to keep up with the scenery progressively as you travel!

Paul..... :Bug: ...!

Hi Guys, I have NVIDIA 8800 GTS 512MB, but rolling back to an old driver, seems to solved the problem, I will keep you posted.

Now back to 285.79 X64.

What is the HDD, how can I adjust or look for?

Thanks for your help

What card do you own? I have 560Ti and the latest drivers (301.42) and have noticed no hanging.

Where can I get the 301, I will try it out.

Walouigi if your current 'old' driver works, stay with it. Newer drivers often lead to problems with older video cards such as yours.

You are seeking stability, you have found it ... stick to it.

For what its worth I have the same complaint as you. Even a complete reinstall and 'harmonisation' didn't help. Too many add-ons I'm afraid. Going to experiment with segmenting/hangaring shortly.

Best of luck.

Where can I get the 301

As usual at nvidia.com in the driver downloads section.

Hi Guys, I have NVIDIA 8800 GTS 512MB, but rolling back to an old driver, seems to solved the problem, I will keep you posted.

Now back to 285.79 X64.

What is the HDD, how can I adjust or look for?

Thanks for your help

Where can I get the 301, I will try it out.

HDD...."Hard Drive"...the whirling thingy plugged into the Motherboard which contains all your Data....

...and the little LED light on the front, that tells you how busy it is...

If the light is on all the time your are flying, then your are in for the dreaded pauses!... :shok: ...!

Sometimes an indication of a shortage of memory to run the program smoothly!

That little light always tells me that something is happening!...Big%20Grin.gif ...!

Paul... :Bug: ...!

I agree about the Graphic Cards drivers: Newer is not always better!!

Some of my most successful drivers have actually come on the original CD supplied with the card.

Thank you all, for your messages and clarification,

Yes I am keeping with my old drivers as i found it to be the best for now.

As my HDD, well after rolling back to the older driver, the light are basicly stable, but I will keep an eye.

I still experienced, a hang-up from time to time for much shorter time, and also some crash, but I have to live with it, as it is way less then before.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Regards

Hani