Sign in to follow this  
TheGrunt

Post your summer vacation plans here!

Summer is closing in even in the northest parts of the world and so are the summer vacations, thank god. So, here is the thread for Avsim users to discuss their plans to travel and do stuff and perhaps get great ideas from fellow simmers!

Okay, here we go! Me and my wife are heading to Rome, Italy and after spending few nights there we take 7 night eastern mediterranean cruise with Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas. I really have great expectations for the cruise, as we were few years ago 8 nights in the Caribbean from Miami with Carnival Valor and we absolutely loved it! Own Balcony is a almost a must!

After the cruise, we spend another couple of nights in the historical Rome, so all together, about two weeks is spent on a trip. I have four weeks vacation alltogether and probably rest goes mostly at home with barbecuing and taking a couple of beers, sporting and taking a couple of beers, flying FSX on rainy days and taking a couple of beers, seeing friends, visiting pubs with them and taking a couple of beers, and finally and hopefully, do some driving with my -75 Pontiac Grand Am. After driving I probably take a few beers :Whistle:

happy%20summer%20gif%20animated%20%20vector%20illustration%20graphic%20arts%20ecards%20blog%20web%20site%20design%20mobile%20phone%20ipod%20screen%20saver%20background%20%20.gif

Sound's good mate!

Me and the missus are off to Crete, a lovely little resort called Georgioupolis on the western side of the island in Chania on the 19th June.

We both used to work over there but on the Eastern side in Iraklion, thats where we met 7 years ago and we used to live out there for 5 or so years.

We try to get over there at least once every couple of years, there is something magical about the Island and my parents now live out there (cheap holiday for us!!) but to be honest we love

everything about it from the people to the food to the crystal clear warm sea.

Nice post and have a wonderfull time on you're hols!

Edited by christos

Chris Howard

Sound's good mate!

Me and the missus are off to Crete, a lovely little resort called Georgioupolis on the western side of the island in Chania on the 19th June.

We both used to work over there but on the Eastern side in Iraklion, thats where we met 7 years ago and we used to live out there for 5 or so years.

We try to get over there at least once every couple of years, there is something magical about the Island and my parents now live out there (cheap holiday for us!!) but to be honest we love

everything about it from the people to the food to the crystal clear warm sea.

Nice post and have a wonderfull time on you're hols!

Thanks and same to you!

Our cruise stops at Chania too! That is on 26th of June. Of course that is a short stop, but I'm sure I enjoy the place!

I make my plans up spontaneously. So far this season I've spent a weekend at Virginia Beach and then traveled out to Altoona to photograph the Horseshoe Curve, Cresson and the Gallitzin Tunnels

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Im sure you will like it, i'll see you there for a pint of Mythos and a Gyros!!

Chris Howard

Recent retiree here. Having put in my 35 or so years in career mode in New York City, my wife and I retired to our vacation home in SE Florida. So for us, for this year, every day is a vacation, right here at home! :dance:

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob

Im sure you will like it, i'll see you there for a pint of Mythos and a Gyros!!

This!

I don't know if there is a possibility to meet IRL but at least I will toast to you while having a lunch on on the island! And I know what gyros is :dance:

Recent retiree here. Having put in my 35 or so years in career mode in New York City, my wife and I retired to our vacation home in SE Florida. So for us, for this year, every day is a vacation, right here at home! :dance:

Oh man, one of my plans is to move to Florida after retirement, which is a at least 19 years away depending on a career I choose. I'm actually considering to purchase a nice condo over there right now as prices are low and my parents, who are retiring could use that most of the year. But we'll see how that is going...

I am on vacation everyday and work a few days a month. Yesterday we hiked to the top of Koko Head, went swimming on Waikiki and then went dancing.

The life of an airline pilot on reserve! It's rough but someone has to do it!

Being of Greek descent,I will be visiting the Greek islands.

Haven't been back in over a year.!!!

I will be going to Milos,Kalymnos, Santorini, Crete. and several others. :yahoo:

Milos is a definite reccomendation.Beautifull island!

Kalymnos is world renowned for its rock climbing.!

Santorini has superb views!!

Crete is awesome,especially Samaria gorge!

Back to Miami for my annual week long vaca. Going to be a real fun one this year as we have another addition to the trip, my 7 month old baby boy.

We stay in each year one of the Alexanders Ocean Resorts Jr. Suites which is really a two bedroom full condo looking over the beach (south) and inner waterway. Anyone going to Miami I always recommend the Alexander. Great place,location and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For July and August I will be skiing at Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand:

mtruapehu.jpg

This is because July and August is my winter holiday.....

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Week in my Villa in France, weekend in New York, weekend in Rome, weekend in Paris and a weekend in Berlin. And back home to Galway as well for a week....

Gotta love free staff travel... :biggrin:

Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg