Sign in to follow this  
TheGrunt

Post your summer vacation plans here!

If only the olympics were in North America this time, those are the only ones we can afford to visit :(

Be up shooting my new black powder guns in the mountains, instead...

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

If only the olympics were in North America this time, those are the only ones we can afford to visit :(

How is that when it is the Aussies and the Canadians that have all the money now, India is pretty much up there too.

Matthew Kane

Being of Greek descent,I will be visiting the Greek islands.

Haven't been back in over a year.!!!

I will be going to Milos,Kalymnos, Santorini, Crete. and several others. :yahoo:

Milos is a definite reccomendation.Beautifull island!

Kalymnos is world renowned for its rock climbing.!

Santorini has superb views!!

Crete is awesome,especially Samaria gorge!

Darn it, that is so Beautiful, Im thinking I may have to put that on the short list of places to visit, that last pic with the pool, where is that? I'm assuming its some sort of resort.

Three weeks travelling around Malaysia with the wife. A couple of nights in Singapore on arrival just to get over the jet lag.

Most importantly though flight details: Warsaw to Frankfurt LOT EMB170/5, Frankfurt to Singapore Singapore Airlines B773. Back to Warsaw via Amsterdam, for some reason, same aircraft/airlines.

Can't wait :yahoo:

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Darn it, that is so Beautiful, Im thinking I may have to put that on the short list of places to visit, that last pic with the pool, where is that? I'm assuming its some sort of resort.

Thanks for your comments

The last photo is from the island of Santorini.This is the hotel I stayed at.Rates are very good, considering the view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santorini

http://www.santorini.gr/

This thread renewed my interest in Greek cruise. Perhaps the hot springs of Iceland sometime.

In four weeks EWR to HNL. Next year will be EGLL again (wife's choice). I think that will be trip #10.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

This is the best year to go to Greece. Prices are good and the Greek Economy could use the boost in tourism right now. If I could Greece would be my number one choice right now....

Japan would by my number 2 choice as hotel rooms and flights to Tokyo are at the lowest ever. The recent earthquake and tsunami is keeping people away. I think right now there are flights from Auckland to Tokyo for $800 to $900....Hotels are booking for around $120 to $160. This is about 1/2 price anyways.

Matthew Kane

No plans here this year. A 3 day cruise to Helsinki is in the works. No schedules, alarm clocks , school meetings. Maybe Florida for a couple of weeks to go visit Dad. Just gonna be 6 weeks of spur of the moment things to do.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Not a lot here other than a week off shortly to spend with my other half and the little un (11 weeks today!).

Elgol, Isle of Skye

John

Been to Elgol -- it's a lovely place (I especially recall our visit as it's where a rusty silencer finally blew out on the old banger of a Ford Granada we had at the time).

Remember what they say in Skye though; if you can see the mountains it's going to rain.. :Just Kidding:

Off to Portugal for 4 weeks in October: holiday + preliminary property-scouting (which doesn't reeeally work in FS, even flying low & slow).

Been to Elgol -- it's a lovely place (I especially recall our visit as it's where a rusty silencer finally blew out on the old banger of a Ford Granada we had at the time).

Remember what they say in Skye though; if you can see the mountains it's going to rain.. :Just Kidding:

Off to Portugal for 4 weeks in October: holiday + preliminary property-scouting (which doesn't reeeally work in FS, even flying low & slow).

Last time we went to Elgol we had a week of cloudless skies! Fingers crossed. We've just been walking in the mountains of Mallorca so at least we've had some fabulous weather already.

On a Flightsim note, I'm really looking forward to Horizon VFR's release of the rest of Scotland so I can revisit the west coast and islands with guaranteed blue skies.

John

Ah cool. Where are you looking to buy? Sorry I'm not aware of your age but are you looking to retire there (it was the Granada comment that did it!), or just a holiday home?

Ah cool. Where are you looking to buy? Sorry I'm not aware of your age but are you looking to retire there (it was the Granada comment that did it!), or just a holiday home?

Central Portugal, but no specific parish just yet. Aiming to be not too far from Coimbra, and somewhere accessible by public transport as my other half doesn't drive. It is kind of retirement, though my good lady is an artist/designer and they never retire. :Just Kidding:

Retirement nonetheless, we've no inclination whatsoever to join the golf-junkies and their 'English pubs' in the Brit ex-pat ghettos down in the Algarve :LMAO:

There appears to be a thriving FS community in Portugal.

We hope to move next spring, but we'll have to sell the house here first :Thinking:

That's more than enough emoticons for one post.

Last time we went to Elgol we had a week of cloudless skies! Fingers crossed. We've just been walking in the mountains of Mallorca so at least we've had some fabulous weather already.

Actually it was nice & sunny most of the time we were their, and you do appreciate it when it's like that. We've had other visits to Skye, camping, when we had to put on extra clothing to go to bed in late July. The weather is capricious.

Just came back from my "Summer" vacation... In the great city of San Francisco, Followed by a road trip up to Portland Oregon via... Sacramento, Crater Lake "with over 6 feet of snow", Klamath Falls OR... Also Vancouver in Washington State.

Flew back with the wonderful Alaskan Airlines to San Francisco from Portland. Flew back last night from San Francisco with Virgin Atlantic Upper Deck 747...